The VG Resource

Full Version: Games from your birth year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was born in 1992 and Super Mario Kart was released back then among other esteemed titles.
1985, Super Mario Bros.

Four words: Super Mario Bros. 3

Donkey Kong Country, Super Metroid, Earthbound, Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles, Megaman X, Final Fantasy VI, and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Probably a couple of other ones I missed.

My birth year was a great year for gaming with games like Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid, Crash 3 Warped, Spyro The Dragon, Half-Life, Banjo Kazooie, Resident Evil 2, Sonic Adventure, and many more.

Yoshi's Story in particular, missed my birthday by just 4 days.
Final Fantasy VII
Mario Kart 64
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Tekken 3
GoldenEye 007
Fallout
what a year for gaming
yall are babies.

metroid, bubble bobble, zelda 1, kid icarus, dragon quest, adventure island, fantasy zone, solomon's key, batman, gumshoe, castlevania 1, athena.

sorry i was born in the best year for gaming literally ever Cool
Well uh, 2002.

Let's see. While this obviously wasn't the best year
for gaming, there were some really good titles released.
  • Sonic Advance
  • Super Mario Advance 2
  • Super Mario Advance 3
  • Sonic Adventure 2 - Battle
  • Smash Bros. Melee (but in Europe)
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Animal Crossing
  • Mario Party 4
  • Sonic Mega Collection
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Zelda - A Link to the Past + 4 Swords
  • Zelda - Wind Waker (but in Japan)
  • Kirby - Nightmare in Dream Land

why
- 1998 -
Half-life
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of time
Metal Gear Solid
Banjoo Kazooei
Sonic Adventure
galaxy fight came out in 1995, my birth year.

and i just found out that it was ported to modern consoles that i don't have. drat.
(08-15-2017, 09:51 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]yall are babies.

metroid, bubble bobble, zelda 1, kid icarus, dragon quest, adventure island, fantasy zone, solomon's key, batman, gumshoe, castlevania 1, athena.

sorry i was born in the best year for gaming literally ever Cool

too bad most of those are dead now except Zelda and Dragon Quest
Metroid and Kid Icarus were revived/are about to be revived and Castlevania is now a Netflix original but well
(08-16-2017, 01:47 AM)LydiaPurp105 Wrote: [ -> ]galaxy fight came out in 1995, my birth year.

Same!

Looked it up and while there's some big classics like Chrono Trigger, DKC2, and Yoshi's Island, apparently Warcraft 2 and Worms also came out then. WC2 is a nostalgia train for me, one of the first games I remember playing and it was my introduction to the Warcraft universe, which I still love today. (Fun fact, the matchmaking music in Hearthstone is from WC2.) I don't think I've ever played the original Worms, but Armageddon is also a childhood game of mine that's still quite solid today.

Command & Conquer also came out, seems like it was a good year for the RTS genre.
1991:
Burning Fight
Knights of the Round
Captain Commando
King of Dragons
(08-15-2017, 12:09 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]1990.

Four words: Super Mario Bros. 3

SMB3 was technically released in 1988, but since it's such a good game I'll let it slide.
1994, Lots of good stuff like:
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country
King Of Fighters 94
Pages: 1 2 3