The VG Resource

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am just here to find someone to request free models to rip for me. I used to rip 3d models from N64 games before but now I am stuck with my new Mac computer and I no longer have the knowledge to rip models anymore. My last time was trying to rip some certain characters in Mario 64, Pokemon Snap, Kirby 64, and Banjo however nothing shows up on the folder where 3d models are suppose to be imported out along with textures. I was only able to start ripping models before when I was using windows XP and windows 7 until I started experience issues when I was using windows 8 after both computers died and crashed. 

I haven't been back to 3D for a long time. I am more into doing 2D stuff like 8-bit and 16-bit graphics. I no longer use other people's graphics and I have always been doing everything from scratch that I never ever bother going back to spriters resource in years since I give up doing sprite comics and games using old graphics. 

The reason why I am here now is to ask some certain folks around here to rip certain 3D stuff for my recent projects. They're not very much. I am going to request some models starting somewhere in the forums where it's appropriate to ask for this. 

Thank you everyone and wish me luck!
Hello and welcome! I should warn you right up front that joining for the sole purpose of making requests isn't allowed here unless you intend to pay for the work (in which case, the Commissions board is where you want to be). Otherwise, requests are only allowed in the Requests section which you won't have access to until you've been a member for a month and made at least 20 quality posts. I recommend you review the rules before you continue posting, paying special attention to section 6.
(09-29-2015, 07:14 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and welcome! I should warn you right up front that joining for the sole purpose of making requests isn't allowed here unless you intend to pay for the work (in which case, the Commissions board is where you want to be). Otherwise, requests are only allowed in the Requests section which you won't have access to until you've been a member for a month and made at least 20 quality posts. I recommend you review the rules before you continue posting, paying special attention to section 6.

Does 20 posts count for every single post around the forums regardless of thread topic or is there a certain place or something for the 20 posts? Sorry, I do not accept paid commissions and I would like to stick around for a month as member and very willing to post up to 20 for as long as I enjoy my stay. By the way, do I have to pay for anything to be a member here? I am new to the forums and assistance is appreciated!
The 20 posts can be made anywhere but, as I said, they need to be quality posts. Picking 20 random threads and replying them to spam your way up to the required post count is not going to work - all of those posts need to abide by al of the rules. And, as mentioned in section 6 (which I hope you've read by now), if it's obvious your only goal is to make it to 20 posts/1 month to request, the likelihood of your request being fulfilled is far less than if you're actually a member of the community and participate more than just to get your request in and take off.

That's all I'll say on the matter though. You proceed however you feel is best.

As for your other question, no, there is no fee to be a member nor will there ever be. A subscription is available to support the site directly (and remove the ads) but that's 100% optional.
I am looking around for hard to find resources of anything from an Nintendo 64 game that never really did came out. These include textures, sound effects, and 3d model rips. When Conker's bad fur day was hacked after the game was released years ago, somebody was able to dig up some interesting left overs from Twelve Tales Conker 64 and most of the finds and info were taken to a website called Cutting Room Floor. I was able to save some pretty rare textures I couldn't find anywhere else and not even on texture resource or model resource. All of this stuff I found from that site are unused and I played Conker BFD before so I know pretty much what's in there and not. To be honest, I loved Twelve Tales ALOT than BFD because the game could have been a planned sequel to Pocket Tales which had no connection to the game boy title at all and Twelve Tales had more interesting features and content never made to the final version of BFD.

I also saved all of the Twelve Tales sound effects I could find, I got an old version of the title screen that reads "Conker 64" with an early version of Conker's head next to it and lots of unused plants with animations plus the green-yellow fence and some wall textures seen from the 30 minute video of Twelve Tales!

However, the only thing I cannot get are the models. According to cutting room floor, two unused objects were claimed to be from Twelve Tales like a small wooden crate seen from the video as well. There was going to be a rolling barrel but the model is not finished due to the bottom part is missing.

I also heard of the windmill seen in early footage of Twelve Tales was the same model but re-designed for BFD. I am not sure if that is true though. So far only the crate and barrel are the ones from Twelve Tales I could find. However, there is no download link for these and I only wanted the unused Twelve Tales crate for now including the textures that go with it.

I hope you understand what I have been going through on the internet and finding the crate model to download is not easy. I lost my windows pc computer and I have a mac now so I can't rip models myself anymore. I tried looking for an Nintendo 64 emulator to use with my mac computer but they only work for windows pc!

Thanks and have a good day. Smile