The VG Resource

Full Version: Thanatos-Zero's new Sprite Workshop 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It has been a year, since my last activity.
Regardless I am back in action for a new game project, as such I am active again in the spriting scene.
But before we come to that, here a link to my now archieved Sprite Workshop from 2014.
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-16278.html

Now since the connection from the new to old has been made, so let's get it on!

The Egg of Mana [EXTERNAL LINK]
[attachment=5395]

All what I know, is that my tiles and sprites need to fit in into the Style of Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2 for the Expansion project, I and RedScorpion have in mind.

Quote:(04:17:55) Valo: the eye is too small
(04:18:08) Valo: the egg is also too smooth, it needs some texturing
I dunno what kind of surface that egg is supposed to be, but the highlights on the top don't make it look like it has a texture of a hard shell egg. Is it slimy or perhaps metallic?
It is supposed to be a polished leather surface, which also should have attributes of a exoskeleton (like those of insects or more popular the xenomorphs).
All in all I am trying to give the egg a unsettling appearance, making it creepy, while my wish is to stay within the style of Seiken Densetsu 2.
Regardless to say, it is my first advanced pixelart since a year.

I can change the top by removing the highlight.

Edit: Also here ExL's try on my egg.
(09-05-2015, 06:52 AM)ExL Wrote:Hello!
Wanted to try coloring that monstrosity for you, but while I've put it off and went to sleep you managed well enough by yourself So I just send it to you as is:
[Image: 92ac7eea7828ad7cb2a86e0b5033c4d5.png][Image: 4cb9c13ed437ae1c14b5b5ba3a1cd771.png]
Petals was supposed to be semitransparent showing silhouette of what's inside by darkest shade, arms opening 4 top petals and bottom petals making something like red carpet entrance. By idea inside it's blood-red with with glowing circles where you see brighter red and brightest pinkish on petals.
You'll probably won't need that, but maybe it'll give ideas or what not, it's better than just trash picture.
Good luck with your great work :thumbsup:
As I can say it is inspiring, despite lacking antialiasing and having inconsistent random shading at the first glance. I dunno how I could incorperate his own idea into my own design as I like to keep the colours of my palette intact. Tongue
I dislike to doublepost for a new update.
I rather have someone else posting reply with feedback first, so it all appears less chaotic.

[Image: jOnIYFW.png]

Edit:
Update:
[Image: jco2byK.png]
(09-05-2015, 05:34 PM)Thanatos-Zero Wrote: [ -> ]It has been a year, since my last activity.
Regardless I am back in action for a new game project, as such I am active again in the spriting scene.
But before we come to that, here a link to my now archieved Sprite Workshop from 2014.
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-16278.html

Now since the connection from the new to old has been made, so let's get it on!

The Egg of Mana [EXTERNAL LINK]

All what I know, is that my tiles and sprites need to fit in into the Style of Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu 2 for the Expansion project, I and RedScorpion have in mind.

Very nice anti-aliasing! I think maybe the shading on the egg could be integrated smoother.
Well, I am open to suggestions and potencial help for the project it is planned for.
I have a thread on the Game Development Subforum, so you might want to check it out later.

Now if I exceed myself on my pixel art here, it might no longer fit into the style of the game, which would be hilariously ironic.
However I have weakpoint, drawing sprites with anatomical physically correct limbs or drawing hair is a difficult.
And my greatest weakpoint, which is a nightmare, drawing frames to create complex movements.

Edit: However, I have no problems with these kind of frames.
Update:
[Image: 7i4jxn9.png]

Edit2:
Update:
[Image: etk36x3.png]

Edit3:
Update:
[Image: CfWKXUe.png]
Update Time:

I believe it is about 70% done.
[Image: TSitmAo.png]
I am still working on it, but I feel unsure about the roots below the egg.
Shall I redo them?

In any case, today a animation of the eye.
[Image: FNRZpkv.gif]
Some of you might remember, that I made Zelda Sprites last year.
So here please, all my work I did for Zelda - Legend of Link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tbmml1v16zvmf...xVi-a?dl=0
idk the design looks good but it's a tad too... soft?
This Egg is a monstrosity made out of human flesh from a certain minority of people with special powers.
As such it is soft.
However, if it is too soft even for flesh, what would you suggest me to do?
I guess you could make the green 'teeth' less round and regular.
Update:
[Image: Ig0AbLG.png]

So how is it now?
That looks pretty freaking epic!
Time for a update.

[Image: v202RCT.png]

Edit:
Update:
[Image: vJI2RkX.png]
Pages: 1 2