[Image: Zero_vs_Ridley_by_Thanatos_Zero.gif]
[Image: Ice_Devil__crystal_transform_by_Thanatos_Zero.gif]
[Image: rockman8bitdashanimatiobz2.gif]

Visit me here for more.
Thanatos-Zero´s Sprites - Sprites INC
Thanatos-Zero on deviantART

Ich habe fertig ( I am done here).^^
Thanked by:
most are uninspired Megaman edits. You don't have sense of 3D and use banding in your works. Also you don't AA in places that need it, making it unfitting for the PA.

the tilesets look p. nice, tho.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Thanatos-Zero, Elk
Yep, I had certainly no sense about 3D, when I made those Megaman Zero edits back in the past. I would do them now differently, but I don't feel like to redo them anytime.
I am more about doing 8 bit sprites and tiles in high quality.^^
Thanked by:
That's fine; but bear in mind that this board is critique-oriented. Please post sprites here that you want to actually work on.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Even though they're edits; I kinda like those Classic Zero MMZ portraits. You did a good job making them fit the style.
(01-04-2011, 05:19 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Even though they're edits; I kinda like those Classic Zero MMZ portraits. You did a good job making them fit the style.

are we looking at the same sprites, because they look really bad for what they are suposed to be.

sprite editing color reduced artwork aint really a good idea to begin with. the tilesets for demon crest are fairly accurate, but the rest are just lackluster megaman edits.

go ahead, if you have anything thats not in the "8bit is easier because it has less colors to work with" feel free to share it with us.
Thanked by: StarSock64, Vipershark, Cshad
(01-06-2011, 06:42 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 05:19 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Even though they're edits; I kinda like those Classic Zero MMZ portraits. You did a good job making them fit the style.

are we looking at the same sprites, because they look really bad for what they are supposed to be.

I didn't want to say it myself, but since metaru brought it up, I'll agree with him on it.

It's a cool concept, but the sprites themselves are pretty bad.
The one picture with zero in that action pose is a blatant edit.
Classic zero doesn't have the rubber boot looking things that all the new style megaman games have, he has the big metal leg things like classic X does. As in, the ones that don't bend.
It's pretty obvious that you just recolored what was there to make it look like zero.

On many of the portrait ones, his eyes are much too big which makes him look... young? younger? I dunno, but it isn't right.

edit- I rather like this one, though:
[Image: currentworkstandingsprizv1.png]
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Thanatos-Zero
(01-06-2011, 06:42 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote:

are we looking at the same sprites, because they look really bad for what they are suposed to be.

sprite editing color reduced artwork aint really a good idea to begin with. the tilesets for demon crest are fairly accurate, but the rest are just lackluster megaman edits.

go ahead, if you have anything thats not in the "8bit is easier because it has less colors to work with" feel free to share it with us.
[Image: zero2pausescreenmugshotbl2.png]

These ones.
Thanked by:
But...

on basically all of these the helmet does not wrap around the head right at all and some shapes are wrong and the shading is complete guesswork plagued with banding and no sense of a light source

Sorry but I'm failing to see any redeeming quality in them...!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
At first glance they look fine. That's what I meant.
Thanked by:
The Blue on Cirno's hair should be darker
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
sorry tyvon, and maybe its going to sound like i making a big deal out of this but these look like shit from a mile away.

the original are color reduced ilustrations wich have a natural amount of AA to represent the smoothness of the artwork. if you get to modify that you're either going to carefully going to understand how the artwork got reduced, how the linework's AA worked and how it was probably tweaked to fit the GBA specs. if you cant understand why and how that works, then you'd better not mess with it. because its not even a "sprite". its like trying to edit Mortal Kombat sprites.

on what you're showing as "decent at first sight" the banding, the lack of AA and the sloppy linework just pop out so much it makes it easier what was actually edited and actually its not even edited all he did was draw over the original and call it a day.

again, the demoncrest's tileset is probably the most remarkable of what you shown here, but the rest are plain lackluster edits/poor spriting work that requires way more practice.
Actually, yeah, that's another thing I wanted to bring up

The facial portraits for zero are color-reduced photographs/artwork, not actual sprites
simply using their palette and drawing something doesn't put them in style because they don't have the "correct" seemingly random AA and roughness that the artwork has.

edit- not to mention, somehting i noticed on tyvon's is that the highlight on the upper left (his right) side is red on all of them, even the ones that aren't red.
Why?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
you already answered your own question.
First of all, thank you for your kind advice, but it is unlikely that I will touch those very old sprites again as I have lost interrest for them. Perhaps I will start all over them again, when I feel the desire for it.

Since I have been working on certain projects for now, I have created new tiles and sprites. I won't tell for whom I made these, but you can hope to see them one day in some rom modifications. I know hackers, who can install the necessary codes to make gimmicks like animated doors to work.
I have made such animated doors for the pleasure of you gamers, who will come one day across them, if you are going to play the games they have them in.

[Image: open_the_door_to_the_darkness_by_thanato...3jtyt7.gif] [Image: open_the_door_to_the_light_by_thanatos_zero-d3jtymh.gif]

[Image: doors.png]

These doors will be used in a game. That is for sure.
Thanked by: