The VG Resource

Full Version: Can someone help me rip models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, i wasn't sure where to post this, but I need help. I'm new to ripping models, and I want to rip models from the game, "Peter Jacksons King Kong: The Official Game Of The Movie" for the gamecube. it's my all time favorite game, and I need the models for a project. I was wondering if anyone can rip the models for me, or help me so I could rip the models myself. I don't have an ISO for King Kong, but I have the game and a gamecube. I have a Mac, and I have Dolphin Emulator. I don't know how to rip models, so yeah. Please help!
I'll give it a go, but I can't guarantee much, as I'm fairly new to ripping as well. I'll post here later if I make any progress!
I've got the file that has the models, textures, and basically everything else for the game, but all the extractors I'm trying to use aren't working for whatever reason. It's a .bf file, if that helps.
(08-13-2015, 06:29 PM)ButterShutter Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the file that has the models, textures, and basically everything else for the game, but all the extractors I'm trying to use aren't working for whatever reason. It's a .bf file, if that helps.

Hi, I know this is two years later but have you had any luck? I've been trying to rip the models myself that I've had little to no time coming back here and reasking for help. Didnt even know I got a reply, so thank you for replying! I'm fine with not having the models form the gamecube game (though I reeeaaaalllyyyy would love to have them), but there is a PC version of the models and stages which I'd like to have ripped but I don't even have a PC yet Sad But yeah anyways man thanks, if you can rip the models for me that'd be awesome!
(09-09-2017, 07:03 PM)KingKong19100 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I know this is two years later but have you had any luck? I've been trying to rip the models myself that I've had little to no time coming back here and reasking for help. Didnt even know I got a reply, so thank you for replying! I'm fine with not having the models form the gamecube game (though I reeeaaaalllyyyy would love to have them), but there is a PC version of the models and stages which I'd like to have ripped but I don't even have a PC yet Sad But yeah anyways man thanks, if you can rip the models for me that'd be awesome!
Please refer to section 6 of the Universal rules.
Until you have fulfilled the requirements for making requests, users can only help you extract the assets.
I would suggest editing the first post, adding the game's name to the topic and removing mention of requesting models.

The game uses Ubisoft's BBF archives to store its assets, and those assets may be extracted using QuickBMS and this script for a game that uses the same archives.
If that doesn't work, you can rip the models using Ninja Ripper and import them into 3D Studio Max version 2009 and up.
Hey Friedslick, don't wanna be mean but if you see someone breaking the rules it'd be preferred if you could just report the post and let mods handle it. That's what we're here for so you don't have to.

Anyway KingKong, Friedslick is right in the case that you can't request unless you've met the requirements. People can still do it for you if they want to of course, you're just not allowed to ask.
(09-09-2017, 11:41 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Friedslick, don't wanna be mean but if you see someone breaking the rules it'd be preferred if you could just report the post and let mods handle it. That's what we're here for so you don't have to.

Anyway KingKong, Friedslick is right in the case that you can't request unless you've met the requirements. People can still do it for you if they want to of course, you're just not allowed to ask.

Oh didn't know there were rules, sorry about that!
Hmmm... Since it uses the Jade engine, that may complicate things for me. But I have had some success in the past with games made with Jade. So I might be able to get them for you. I will see what I can do (currently stuck on my Linux based laptop because of desktop gpu dying).
From the original "requester" (which wasn't really a request), upload file samples