The VG Resource

Full Version: hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Original post:
[Image: 2n69roi.png]

Most recent update:

[Image: 2yo2xd2.png]

[Image: 5fohw9.png]

[Image: 33olevs.png]
You havent
Atleast. not from what i can see
Try redoing everything, lineart, shading, everything, not just shading over it.
Yes, redo the linearts entirely. Just becsause the style is sketchy doesn't mean it has to be dirty.

In some of them, it looks like you attempted antialias, but you made it look thicker instead of smoother.
I completely redid the red eyed guy and the hunchback guy, is that more the kind of improvement you expect?
Not really, I think the red eyed dude turned out the worst because of the antialias looking thick. And if it wasn't antialias, then... It looks bad.

Why don't you... Completely redo them? :F
personally i think these are just weird anyway - they wouldnt look good unless you generally changed their style.
(10-23-2008, 07:57 AM)witw Wrote: [ -> ]personally i think these are just weird anyway - they wouldnt look good unless you generally changed their style.

I thought it was obvious that that was intentional.
aside from some hard to see shading
they look the exact same
The only ones that are nearly identical are the 2nd, 4th, and 5th :/

Anyway, I'll try completely redoing them.
[Image: 2lwr5nk.png]

Started remaking.
No
I think the problem with them is that you're combining two shading styles.
There's the subtle shading on the color areas, and the extreme shading on the black areas. Remove the black and color it in.
The black is kind of the most important part of the style :/
its also why they look the exact same;
boring
You're honestly telling me that you think the bottom row looks exactly the same as the top row?
Your not changing anything about it PK, nor are you using the black effectively. They still look too similiar to the top row.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5