The VG Resource

Full Version: Zelda OoT 3D Ripping Possible; Help Locate Model Files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I just saw that some guy made a model viewer that can export Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D models from the 3DS game to .dae files here: http://forums.maco64.com/topic/7185751/1/

I'd love to share some of these rips with everyone here if I could get my hands on the original models themselves. He apparently posted a link to all the models once before, but then it was removed.

I'm scouring the internet trying to find them so I can help fellow fans out. I'd also like to see if it's the same format for Majora's Mask 3D.

Some examples of the viewer's capability:

[Image: ZWwpxCC.png]

[Image: VSQqNGZ.png]

[Image: 2hj868B.png]

So any ideas on where to get the original model files?
Wonderful thank you very much! I took a look for a few minutes before work and it seems to work great. Now if I can just figure out the controls...

I'll check later to see if there's a README file. If not any ideas?

I'm excited to share these.

Edit: So I am able to rip these and Majora's Mask models now. I can export them to .dae with the viewer but then I can't open them with Noesis or any other program for that matter. I can convert them to .fbx with FBX Converter 2013 by Autodesk, but it loses the bone data when I do this. It also loses the positioning of things like finger tips, weapons, and faces occasionally, grouping them all by the feet, so that they need repositioned.

So does any idea how to convert them with the bones/shape intact?

Proof that it's working:

In Viewer:

[Image: jz89i.jpg]

After Conversion:

[Image: 2s6mwqo.jpg]

Fixed:

[Image: 2rrneh1.jpg]

Should I submit this now? I'd rather submit one with the bones intact. As is the process for ripping is slow.

I also figured out the controls for the camera in the viewer. It uses the ASWD keys format like a game would use for movement.
I wrote a half assed maxscript for the cmb format a while ago but 3ds formats are just a pain sadly ;c
It did import the bones, and the models, but that's kinda it too.
Well I don't have 3dsmax installed currently so that wouldn't do me much good. Is there any way you could maybe take your script and make a plugin for Noesis?

If no one has any better ideas I'll just share what i already got as it is if that's okay.
(05-22-2015, 09:41 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Wonderful thank you very much!  I took a look for a few minutes before work and it seems to work great. Now if I can just figure out the controls...

I'll check later to see if there's a README file. If not any ideas?

I'm excited to share these.

Edit: So I am able to rip these and Majora's Mask models now. I can export them to .dae with the viewer but then I can't open them with Noesis or any other program for that matter. I can convert them to .fbx with FBX Converter 2013 by Autodesk, but it loses the bone data when I do this. It also loses the positioning of things like finger tips, weapons, and faces occasionally, grouping them all by the feet, so that they need repositioned.

So does any idea how to convert them with the bones/shape intact?

Proof that it's working:

In Viewer:

[Image: jz89i.jpg]

After Conversion:

[Image: 2s6mwqo.jpg]

Fixed:

[Image: 2rrneh1.jpg]

Should I submit this now? I'd rather submit one with the bones intact. As is the process for ripping is slow.

I also figured out the controls for the camera in the viewer. It uses the ASWD keys format like a game would use for movement.
how did you fix the eyes and mouth location issue ?
IT IS SO ANNOYING ! I CAN'T FIND A WAY !
(01-12-2017, 05:05 AM)thegameskiner Wrote: [ -> ]how did you fix the eyes and mouth location issue ?
This topic is over a year and a half old, I don't believe Zerox is likely to see this, however this thread over here should help:
(Another) Zelda Ripping Project!

Check my last post for a link to the fixed up Deity Link, the way I do it is by moving the vertexes manually back into place.
In Blender, you can move/rotate things in increments (snapping) by holding Ctrl while you move/rotate em.

The 3DS models seem to line up normally after snapping em back into the proper orientation, you may need to add a little more TLC for complex models, some can be a nightmare to deal with.
(01-15-2017, 02:50 AM)Guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2017, 05:05 AM)thegameskiner Wrote: [ -> ]how did you fix the eyes and mouth location issue ?
This topic is over a year and a half old, I don't believe Zerox is likely to see this, however this thread over here should help:
(Another) Zelda Ripping Project!

Check my last post for a link to the fixed up Deity Link, the way I do it is by moving the vertexes manually back into place.
In Blender, you can move/rotate things in increments (snapping) by holding Ctrl while you move/rotate em.

The 3DS models seem to line up normally after snapping em back into the proper orientation, you may need to add a little more TLC for complex models, some can be a nightmare to deal with.

I see ^-^ Thanks alot for the help
although I tried that way and I always messed it up like I tried it using 3ds max and cinema 4d and I wasn't very good at it ^^"
(05-17-2015, 01:38 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a copy of a more stabile version? The links you provided linking to magicsomething and, other links are dead. I found a v0.2 and, some unstable versions but, they just crash as soon as I try to even boot the exe files ;/