The VG Resource

Full Version: Mr. Driller (Arcade) rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=5244]
I decided to rip these because nobody online seemed to have ripped from the original game itself. And honestly I always prefered Susumu's design with the Kirby-like feet. =3

This was rather annoying to rip honestly, For one MAME is a rather laggy mess on my computer and editing out other pixels was rather annoying too. I might continue this as there are more things I need to add ((Death frames, His "ghost" and a few others))
One sprite with over 200 colours? Are you sure you ripped them with the native resolution?
For the record, this is it's native resolution:
[Image: ibvNpBFU1cP2bY.png]
Ah ok, thanks for pointing that out.

But I see a new problem, because you also erased parts of his sprites. If you compare Deathbringers screen with your sheet, Mr. Driller is missing outlines. I suggest you re-rip his frames and I erase the background for you (I'll do that by indexing the colour palette to 8-Bit/256 colours and erasing the single background colours bit by bit).
Thanks, I thought those were just lil' pieces of the background but... whoops ^w^;

Mame ripping is somewhat tedious but, eh. It's worth it.