The VG Resource

Full Version: Scott Pilgrim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well we've probably seen something about this one way or another, but no one has been able to properly rip from this game. I am hoping we can all figure that out in this thread and get all we can from the game files. Now the two main files in the game's system are one without an extension named 'gamedata' and one named 'gamedata.fat'. I am fairly certain the .fat file is used to reference points in the first file for extraction when properly utilized. Only problem is I have no clue how to go about this. Could anyone else have a look and see what can be done about this?

Dropbox Link
gamedata.fat is zlib compressed, and gamedata is just lots of small zlib compressed files. That's fairly obvious and not an issue.

As you said the .fat seems to be an index file. Unfortunately, I don't know how it works. It's not just offsets and sizes, and I don't see any names anywhere.

Are there any other files of interest near these?
Well, there's some other indistinguishable files in another folder with a 'toc' extension, and another one without an extension. There's also the Default.xex file and another. I have them here if they might be helpful.

Dropbox Link
Extracting the gamedata is no problem.

The graphics have some unusual tiling. There is probably a file that tells how to properly map these.
[Image: 3MLQgrn.png]
I dunno.

Edit:
I think I get it??
[Image: wH4cqut.png]

Edit:
Seems to be working?
[Image: A9I0RFF.png]

Edit:
Awesome!
[Image: 7lqNOF3.png]
It works on backgrounds too!
Colors seem off? But other than that, this seems absolutely amazing...
Like Dazz said, the colors are slightly off, but yes, amazing indeed...However depending which stage it's on, there might be 'shadowed' versions of the sprites involved for it...which would explain darker colorations.
Ah, I had the red and blue channel swapped.
[Image: aGk8PwQ.png]
There are so many files! My script takes less than a second per image and been running for an hour and it still not done.
Arranging them may take a while. I don't think it's something that can be automated. No file names makes everything complicated T_T

I'll zip them up when they're done.
All right. I eagerly await the result.
Here they are!

I would like to sheet Ramona and Kim if that's okay with you Cute
Will help out when I get home next week. Smile
This... is exciting.
Finally, this is so awesome, keep up the good work m8s
I did a quick scan for duplicate images and managed to delete some 450.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26973982/scott.zip

Just figure it'll save some issues with duplicates and stuff Smile
Real shame that they have all of the sprites repeated for each different palette
I think that it'd be a good idea to work together to folder things instead of everyone working on some individually. Not sure where to do this though - probably Google Drive? We could all just start foldering stuff up together. Any suggestions welcome! Smile
Pages: 1 2