The VG Resource

Full Version: Need Assistance With a certain .dat file p.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I hear you can use a hex editor for it but I'm somewhat new to this and I'm hoping that someone could help me to use a hex editor to extract the textures/models/music ETC. The game I managed to extract from is "Prince of Tennis: Form The Strongest Team" if you're wondering what kind of game it is from.
If you could upload it I can take a look and see what I can get. If I manage it I can try explain the procedure, if you like.
Sure, may I ask where I can easily upload the files? it's 2 .dat files that I got from the game.
If they're not too big you can ZIP them up and attach them to a post. Otherwise just any file hosting service is fine (as long as an account isn't required to download). I personally use Dropbox, it's pretty good.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bplgsvk1j3xs1...s.zip?dl=0 Here you go. the link to the files.
They seem to contain image data:

[Image: 869ep0G.png]

Not sure how to extract them properly though. These are some weird files.
Would that happen to be a couple of images you could get out of it or is that all that was in the files?
That's all of the easily viewable data I could see in the smallest one, 00000000.dat. The other seems to contain much more, but the format doesn't seem as simple.
Ah, ok. Well, I'm sure the biggest one has the most things like possible model data cause I looked back on the file I extracted from and it seems like it would be. A Hex Editor can open it it's just I wouldn't know how to get the data from it with a Hex Editor. No other file in the game data could be any other model data but that one big file.
Well unfortunately this seems to be out of my league, especially in terms of models since I don't work with them. You could try asking on ZenHAX, the people over there are pretty brilliant.
Alright, thank you very much for your help. I hope to find the tutorial I'm looking for on there.
If It's still possible to extract the files, I found a way to open the .dat file at least. If this is still an open discussion.