Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need Assistance With a certain .dat file p.2
Smile 
Ok, I hear you can use a hex editor for it but I'm somewhat new to this and I'm hoping that someone could help me to use a hex editor to extract the textures/models/music ETC. The game I managed to extract from is "Prince of Tennis: Form The Strongest Team" if you're wondering what kind of game it is from.
Thanked by:
If you could upload it I can take a look and see what I can get. If I manage it I can try explain the procedure, if you like.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Sure, may I ask where I can easily upload the files? it's 2 .dat files that I got from the game.
Thanked by:
If they're not too big you can ZIP them up and attach them to a post. Otherwise just any file hosting service is fine (as long as an account isn't required to download). I personally use Dropbox, it's pretty good.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bplgsvk1j3xs1...s.zip?dl=0 Here you go. the link to the files.
Thanked by:
They seem to contain image data:

[Image: 869ep0G.png]

Not sure how to extract them properly though. These are some weird files.
Thanked by:
Would that happen to be a couple of images you could get out of it or is that all that was in the files?
Thanked by:
That's all of the easily viewable data I could see in the smallest one, 00000000.dat. The other seems to contain much more, but the format doesn't seem as simple.
Thanked by:
Ah, ok. Well, I'm sure the biggest one has the most things like possible model data cause I looked back on the file I extracted from and it seems like it would be. A Hex Editor can open it it's just I wouldn't know how to get the data from it with a Hex Editor. No other file in the game data could be any other model data but that one big file.
Thanked by:
Well unfortunately this seems to be out of my league, especially in terms of models since I don't work with them. You could try asking on ZenHAX, the people over there are pretty brilliant.
Thanked by:
Alright, thank you very much for your help. I hope to find the tutorial I'm looking for on there.
Thanked by:
If It's still possible to extract the files, I found a way to open the .dat file at least. If this is still an open discussion.
Thanked by: