The VG Resource

Full Version: Nintendo is now allowing derivative works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-i...for-japan/

I guess Nintendo is getting a bit more "hip"
This spells great news for fangame creators. I could easily jump in on this and make that high quality Zelda 1 remake I've always envisioned, and actually have it officially recognized.
So basically, Nintendo's pulling a Valve or Hasbro.

This is pretty cool.
Wow, didn't see that coming! Everyone in the fan communities (especially this one) is going to have a field day after this announcement.

As for me, I see this benefiting me when I work more on my Paper Mario animation project.
Nintendo's acting like a bunch of Nintenbros.
[Image: RuHoveL.gif]
Aww yesss, this is awesome news (assuming this also applies stateside and not just Japan), especially for fangame ensuthiasts like this guy right here.
So wait, is it now legal to make fan games with Nintendo characters?
Best news I've heard all year.
That and Majoras Mask 3DS
Heck Yea Dude Here It Comes The Nintendo X ZUN CrossOver I've Been Waiting For. Nintendouhou
Does. Does this mean I get to make that Kirby game I always wanted?!
I'm excited.
Very very excited.
I wanna make a dog game.
Wow spell correct made that dog I mean RPG!
(11-17-2014, 12:41 PM)Mystie Wrote: [ -> ]So basically, Nintendo's pulling a Valve or Hasbro.

This is pretty cool.

Valve, yes, Hasbro, no. You should see what happened to poor Button Mash, and Fighting is Magic.
I was literally in a depressive mood because of how shitty SEGA is, only to remember Nintendo has always had our backs. How does it just keep getting better??
Now to actually finish Super Mario Classic

Look for it coming 2078
It's for Japan only. No telling yet if Nintendo of America is going to follow suit.
Yeah...Going with what Jermungandr said, the "Creative Endorsement Program" is apparently something very specific to NicoNico Japan.

According to this article from NintendoLife, participating in the "Creative Endorsement Program" means that Nintendo has created a list of 250 games that you can do a Let's Play of on NicoNico video without any legal issues. Nothing at all has been said about fan games, and ROM Hacks are still considered very illegal due to the involvement of emulation.

With that being said, I can't wait to see if Nintendo will expand their policies to include fan games! This would be nothing short of blessing for projects like Mother 4.
Nintendo has said in the past that they encourage fangames. They've only ever C&D'd one fangame and it was a Pokemon MMO. It was never said why, but you can probably draw your own conclusions.The only company I know that's friendlier to fangames is Capcom.
Pages: 1 2