The VG Resource

Full Version: which video games should get a cartoon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
remember when they used make cartoons based on video games alot (captain n, mario bros, zelda, megaman, devil may cry pokemon , kirby and many others to which kriven below has made me aware of below thank you) well i think it would be cool for someone to  make some more.

so i was wandering what are  some of your idea's for  a video game cartoon series?

my choices  would be either super smash bros  (the fighting game not the nes game of the same name) or metroid.

ps i have to exclude video game movie ideas from this cause  hollywood would ruin any video game movie adaptation after all look at what they did to residesident evil. perfect  video game movie fodder and they wrecked it if they made only necessary changes from the source material it might have been  great but i digress.

please keep all idea's as cartoon ideas not movies as hollywood cant be trusted
Er? Not that many but only eight?

Super Mario Bros. Super Show, Super Mario World, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Saturday Supercade, Pac-Man: The Animated Series, Captain N: The Game Master, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic X, Sonic Underground, Sonic Boom, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (Kirby of the Stars), F-Zero: GP Legend, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman Jetters, Mega Man Star Force, Mega Man, MegaMan NT Warrior, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm, Pokemon, Digimon, Xenosaga: The Animation, Tales of Phantasia: The Animation, Tales of Symphonia: The Animation, Tales of the Abyss, Rayman: The Animated Series, Tak and the Power of Juju, Devil May Cry: The Animated Series, Angry Birds Toons, Donkey Kong Country.

Saturday Supercade featured regular segments based on: Frogger, Q*Bert, Kangaroo, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Pitfall!, and Space Ace. Captain N featured episodes set in far too many game worlds for me to remember. Super Mario Bros. Super Show regularly featured The Legend of Zelda.

This is all just the ones I know about. I'm positive there's half a dozen more. A better question might be: What video game franchises deserve a series that doesn't have one yet?

And to that I say: Spyro.
Bring back Kirby.
That is all.

I don't really like any of the shows listed in the OP, so I don't think any video game should get a cartoon.

Fire Emblem could maybe work as an anime, but it would probably turn out painfully generic.
(11-12-2014, 04:04 PM)Paladin Wrote: [ -> ]Fire Emblem could maybe work as an anime, but it would probably turn out painfully generic.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that one...
you know which game character deserves a cartoon

[Image: rayman_from_rayman_origins_by_agnes0177-d4xthou.jpg]

his game series is wacky and humorous and the worlds are unique as well.

runner ups being Banjo-Kazooie

and Crash Bandicoot.
Earthbound would make for a neat Mini-series.
I think in the right hands an animal crossing cartoon (not necessarily an anime) could be great.

Make it like spongebob but Tom Nook is Mr.Krabs, villager is spongebob, uh I'd have to play more animal crossing to figure out the rest.
i actually happen to enjoy the kirby cartoon, but the japanese dub only. the english version is horrible, ew. still dig meta knight's voice though, he should sound more spanish in smash bros too

i would secretly still love to see a metroid movie, even if it's going to suck real bad, which it will. but i would still love to see a beautiful blonde actress portray samus aran in a fucking A' digitally made power suit. i mean marvel and d.c. movies are doing fine so if they can put the job into the right hands i think it wouldn't even suck so much.

little known fact; distric 9 was rumored to be, in a very very early stage, a metroid movie.
I loved the horribleness of the English dub "How can I help you king DE DE DE? I NEEDA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH"
(11-12-2014, 04:15 PM)senjen Wrote: [ -> ]you know which game character deserves a cartoon

He actually did have a cartoon for a short while. You can find it on Youtube.

Fire Emblem also already had an anime way back in its NES days. It's largely responsible for a lot of the series' popularity in Japan in fact.
I want to see a Warcraft cartoon. Its got potential albeit painful levels of risk.
Honestly, many video games deserve their own animated series, but the biggest factor is who should work on it. Back in the eighties and early nineties, video game shows (and practically everything else for that matter) only existed as over-glorified commercials for the games. While it doesn't mean that some effort hasn't been put into the shows and nobody actually enjoyed them (Mario's animated series by Dic were so bad that they're good), there's no use denying the purpose of those cartoons.

If a new video game-based animated series must be made, then I think that fans of the games should work on them instead of money grubbing executives only wanting to sell games. I'm sure that sane fans have what it takes to create a production that is true to the spirit of the game itself and possibly expand upon its universe. That way, the chance of getting an actually enjoyable animated series becomes more probable and does not provide the same kind of embarrassment found in cheesy Saturday morning cartoons during the time the NES was still breaking news (I'm looking at you, Mr. "Excuse-me-princess").
(11-12-2014, 04:15 PM)senjen Wrote: [ -> ]you know which game character deserves a cartoon

his game series is wacky and humorous and the worlds are unique as well.

I agree. Even though there was a short-lived Rayman cartoon back in the very early 2000's, it was pretty poor and felt nothing like Rayman at all.

The newer Rayman games feel just like you're in control of a cartoon, so I think that they should make a new Rayman cartoon, but make it like Origins and Legends. But noooooo, instead, Ubisoft greenlit a cartoon of the Raving Rabbids. Defeated
(11-12-2014, 06:18 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ](I'm looking at you, Mr. "Excuse-me-princess").

Pages: 1 2 3 4