The VG Resource

Full Version: Newee's Sprite Thread: Featuring Sprites!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I'm starting this again, but this time with 4 spritesheets in the wrong chronological order.

V Small Luigi V
V Snivy V
V Luigi V
V Nabbit V

While they're all pretty much complete, if you tell me any problems I'll fix them.
I'm glad the Snivy doesn't have big feet like the others did. It wouldn't fit a pokemon like that. Everything's looking good. ^^
Your skills have improved, Neweegee! I can really see it with your Snivy sprites.

With that said, though, I think you should take a look at your Small Luigi sprites. Regarding the radical fall sprites, the hair is shaped in a way that looks a little unnatural.
The walk cycle on Luigi looks a little odd. Could you post an animated version? I wonder if it looks better in motion.
Quote:The walk cycle on Luigi looks a little odd. Could you post an animated version? I wonder if it looks better in motion.

[Image: Luigi_Walk.gif] [Image: Small_Walk.gif] [Image: Mwalk.gif]
This is what it looks like, I tried to make it like Mario's walk animation but without looking completely to the right. I really didn't know what to do with Luigi's arms.

Quote:I think you should take a look at your Small Luigi sprites. Regarding the radical fall sprites, the hair is shaped in a way that looks a little unnatural.

[Image: Lfall.gif]
Just a slight edit Cute
Good work on Weegee's hair. Looks much better.
I'm makin' modern(or Megaman 8) Megaman in 8-Bit...

[Image: Mega2_strip2.png]
No, it's not an edit.
[Image: Main_Stand_Jump_Duck_strip7.png]
[Image: Main_Walk_Alt_strip4.png]
[Image: Megaman.gif]
[Image: Megaman_Shoot.gif]

Why wasn't done before!?
The individual frames look fine, but when animated, it's hard to tell what's happening with his arms and legs when he's running. Isn't there anything you can do to denote what's in the back better, like making more use of the black pixels?
I tried using the black in more ways, and I think it worked very well.
[Image: Mega.gif] [Image: Mega_Walking.gif]

I also edited some other frames to use the technique.
[Image: Main_Stand_Jump_Duck_strip7.png]
[Image: sprite0_strip2.png]
Looks a lot better, good job~
The crouching (him fully on the ground) looks weird but other then that the Megaman sprites look great!
You know what would be cool? If you resprited Mega Man's Smash 4 moveset! We know the full thing basically.
Loving the Megaman sprites! One issue though: his crouching sprite. For some reason, it looks like his legs are getting broken with how low he's going, and being so flat against the ground. Instead of pressing his groin to the ground like that, maybe have him kneeling and lean his body forward a bit, which should fix the legs and allow his head and arms to go lower.
I(at least think I) fixed the crouch sprites, and created the spritesheet.
[Image: Main_Megaman_Spritesheet.png]
[Image: Slash.gif]

Should be compatible with most 8-Bit Mega Man stuff, which means someone can instantly make "Generic 8-Bit Mega Man Fangame" a little less generic.
The Crouch still looks wrong to me, so I've decided to try and attempt to fix it.

[Image: OzYgN2K.png]

Use these however you want, if you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19