The VG Resource

Full Version: Midi's Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[Image: Ee2zWU3.png][Image: YV6bAoi.png]

OK, so here's how the sprites for my game Kyrodian Legends are coming along. First off, some of the platform actors:

[Image: 0qMfwhW.png]

Here's a structure and how it's changed over time:

[Image: YX0GKey.png]

Here's Midi's overworld sprite:

[Image: T18heMR.png]

This is a mockup of what the game will look like. I realize the trees in the back are from Megaman 64. Don't worry, I'm making my own, although I have to admit, those ones do fit pretty well. But I can't use them, so yeah.

[Image: F9g6c7m.png]

I'll post more later, once I've gotten them put together.
Alright, got some new stuff compiled, so here we go. First off, some side-view elements:

[Image: 1wZLb0M.png]

And here's some buildings and set pieces for the overworld:

[Image: 9Wf6HwQ.png]
Added some more frames to Midi's platform sprites here:
[Image: Za5J53G.png]

And here's an animation test:
[Image: VmFbTXc.gif]
I feel his legs get too long when he's running.
I think you can improve the tub with shading and not using black lining within the sprite
The table looks too simple to me. All I suggest is a bit more detail.

Goodluck
What is the big white thing in the first sheet?
(10-08-2013, 07:18 PM)Vinn Wrote: [ -> ]I feel his legs get too long when he's running.
I think you can improve the tub with shading and not using black lining within the sprite
The table looks too simple to me. All I suggest is a bit more detail.

Goodluck
Thanks for the feedback. Here's a new version of the table. I haven't done the tub yet, but I did include some stone pillars I forgot to put in before.

[Image: rDiJacz.png]

Also, thanks for pointing out the leg. I figure you mean on frames 4 and 8 when his knee goes down too low and it makes his leg look like it's stretching. I moved it up some, so hopefully it looks right now.

[Image: TvufCCR.png]

(10-09-2013, 08:20 AM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]What is the big white thing in the first sheet?
It's a prototype of a robot. The bot collapses into a pod, sort of a cross between the Omnidroid from Incredibles and the sentry turret from Portal.

Also, here's a few things I was messing around with. Haven't done more than a couple frames for each.

[Image: oKr5KyN.png]

First, Twilight Sparkle with a heavier shading than before, cuz what I did with the overworld sprites didn't work so well at this size. I know MLPs don't have selout, and rarely have any shading other than back parts being dark, but I was just experimenting with ponies in KL style.

Then there's Sonic, basically a reshade of the Pocket Adventure sprite with some minor fixes here and there. I was gonna update the whole sheet and then add some poses from modern games so he would fit in with the sprites I found that are all relatively proportional to each other (heightwise, that is).

Next, Pikachu. If you've seen the sprite done by Joshr, you'll know what I used as a shape reference, but obviously, mine is much smaller. I also got the outline colors from his sheet as well, and yes, I'll be crediting him as a reference. This one will also include poses from Smash Bros.

Finally, the Mario Bros. Sort of a mix between the styles of Mario 2, 3 and World with KL shading. They'll have all the poses from Mario 3 Advanced, plus Smash Bros. Poses.

That's all for now. Thanks again for the feedback.
[Image: phmndnn.png]
Here's an update on Pikachu. I decided not to make his head shiny cuz it doesn't look like fur to me when it's that shiny. Sonic's an exception cuz he has quills.
Nice work, friend! The only thing that bothers me is the shape of his body during the first two frames of his run animation. I don't know why, but they look a little off.
I see what you're saying. He looks kind of blocky. I'll get on that.
[Image: IclPf0u.png]
OK, messing around with colors and such, and I think I improved the life meter. The lower one, the new one, seems more readable to me than the upper one. What do you guys think?
[Image: s33DOFf.png]
Got bored last night, couldn't sleep, drew a Lucario. Also edited Peach so she doesn't have such a splotchy look, then fixed Twilight's face so her eyes weren't so far forward and added wings and a rearing up pose. For her overworld sprite, I changed the shading style to fit KL and not look so flat.
I can't see anything else you could do to these current sprites. Well done!

Once you're done with Twilight, maybe you could give the other sprites on the sheet more posses?
Yeah, I will. I just can't focus on one thing for very long, so I've gotten into starting several sheets and then working on each one a little bit at a time. Helps keep things fresh for me and I don't sputter out.
Squirrel dude arm's during his stance look far too perfect right-angle for my liking. The rock platform also seems 'broken' - the top part looks fine the bottom bit makes it look like it's sticking out more than the rest of it - optically jarring.

The other stuff looks good, though the Sonic looks like a heavily edited Pocket Adventures sprite.
Replaying to the last sheet you posted.
I think less colours should be used for such small sprites. They look glossy and toy like right now. Peach's mouth should also be a hotpink or red to make her look more feminine.

I really like the Pikachu though
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10