The VG Resource

Full Version: Need to translate Russian from an image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not exactly sure whether this counts as a request or not, if anybody thinks it does then feel free to move it.

There's an image that has some info on a specific file format I want to open, and it looks like it could help. Unfortunately, all the text in the image is in Russian:

[Image: format2s.png]

I'd really love to be able to know what it all means. I'm not sure if anybody hear knows Russian, so if not, does anybody know how I could get this translated?

I guess it's possible to somehow get my computer to type Russian and then use Google Translate, but if there's an easier way then that would be nice.
Cant you just copy and paste into google translate? Even if you dont have the font installed, it should still translate.
He probably would have if he had the words themselves in text format. He's saying he has to type them out which honestly doesn't sound fun especially for a language you don't know.
MJ's right, if I just had it in text I'd do that right away. Since it's in an image this isn't really possible.
I can translate it!

КОЛИЧЕСТВО ФАЙЛОВ - The number of files.
OФФCeT ФАЙЛА - Offset file.
раЗмер ФаЙЛА - The size of files.
КОЛИЧЕСТВО баЙТ, ЗанИмаемое ЗаШИФрованным Именем - The number of bytes in the encrypted name.

Edit:
Whoops forgot one.
I'm having trouble figuring it out..
I think it's..
ЗаШИФрованное ИмЯ ФаЙЛа, ПрЕДПоЛоЖИТЕЛьно ПоЖато zlib - The name of the file, supposedly taken from zlib.
Oh wow, thanks so much Ploaj! This is all really helpful stuff, looks like it's all the info I'll need. Thanks a lot Big Grin

In case anybody's wondering, this is the file where I suspect the sprites (among other things) from Blocks That Matter reside. Using this information, with luck I can open the file and extract them!