Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need to translate Russian from an image
I'm not exactly sure whether this counts as a request or not, if anybody thinks it does then feel free to move it.

There's an image that has some info on a specific file format I want to open, and it looks like it could help. Unfortunately, all the text in the image is in Russian:

[Image: format2s.png]

I'd really love to be able to know what it all means. I'm not sure if anybody hear knows Russian, so if not, does anybody know how I could get this translated?

I guess it's possible to somehow get my computer to type Russian and then use Google Translate, but if there's an easier way then that would be nice.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Cant you just copy and paste into google translate? Even if you dont have the font installed, it should still translate.
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by: Shade
He probably would have if he had the words themselves in text format. He's saying he has to type them out which honestly doesn't sound fun especially for a language you don't know.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy
MJ's right, if I just had it in text I'd do that right away. Since it's in an image this isn't really possible.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
I can translate it!

КОЛИЧЕСТВО ФАЙЛОВ - The number of files.
OФФCeT ФАЙЛА - Offset file.
раЗмер ФаЙЛА - The size of files.
КОЛИЧЕСТВО баЙТ, ЗанИмаемое ЗаШИФрованным Именем - The number of bytes in the encrypted name.

Edit:
Whoops forgot one.
I'm having trouble figuring it out..
I think it's..
ЗаШИФрованное ИмЯ ФаЙЛа, ПрЕДПоЛоЖИТЕЛьно ПоЖато zlib - The name of the file, supposedly taken from zlib.
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy
Oh wow, thanks so much Ploaj! This is all really helpful stuff, looks like it's all the info I'll need. Thanks a lot Big Grin

In case anybody's wondering, this is the file where I suspect the sprites (among other things) from Blocks That Matter reside. Using this information, with luck I can open the file and extract them!
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde