The VG Resource

Full Version: Submissions are Open!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello all! The submissions systems for tSR and tTR are now open for public use! I'll be using this thread to keep track of bugs and feedback so please try to post it here.

In case you want some basic directions, here's the rest of the message I posted to tSR and tTR:

I'm here to formally open up the site to user submissions! At the top of you screen, in the dark red or purple bar, you should see a bold "Submit" link. Clicking that will bring you to our new public control panel which functions much like the rest of the site. To get started, you can edit your profile to include a submitter name (it defaults to your username) or head on over to one of the consoles, and navigate as usual until you find the game you'd like to submit to. You can also add a new game to any console if it doesn't exist yet by following the same procedure.

Submissions from users will be queued for approval by staff so don't fret if you don't see your sheet up immediately. Over all though, this system should help get content onto the site much more quickly than before.

Thanks, and happy submitting!

For a direct link to tSR's control panel, click here!
I feel like I just show up to parties and eat all the cake with a streamer hanging out of my mouth around here.
But ignoring that, awesome stuff! I know how hard you guys've been working on it and it does makes me really happy you got it working!
Finally Tongue
I just wonder, can I see somewhere what I submited?
Will it still be possible to submit the old fashioned way? Tongue
This looks pretty epic!

Can't wait to try it out! Big Grin
Amazing idea!
(07-17-2013, 03:35 PM)SuperFlorian12 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally Tongue
I just wonder, can I see somewhere what I submited?

Yup! <-- That's a link by the way, just in case it wasn't obvious (it wasn't to me).

(07-17-2013, 03:40 PM)Nero1024 Wrote: [ -> ]Will it still be possible to submit the old fashioned way? Tongue

Possible? Technically. Preferred? No. The new system makes the process easier for everyone. You don't have to upload to a third party site and post to the forum and our staff don't have to download and then re-upload to the site so it's in everyone's best interest to submit via the site directly now.
(07-17-2013, 04:41 PM)Petie Wrote: [ -> ]Yup! <-- That's a link by the way, just in case it wasn't obvious (it wasn't to me).
Well, thats not what I mean, can I see my submissions, which were not accepted yet?
Like when I upload multiple sheets at once.
Afraid that isn't possible yet. We'll have to consider options to make this possible.
(07-17-2013, 04:51 PM)SuperFlorian12 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, thats not what I mean, can I see my submissions, which were not accepted yet?
Like when I upload multiple sheets at once.

Ah, okay. As Dazz said, no, this isn't possible. It wasn't something we had planned on adding but if you can convince me that there's a good enough reason to do so, we'll add it to the list.
To be honest I'll kind of miss posting stuff. This is easier on the whole, but there was a certain feeling about posting it in a thread, with little comments on the side (like progress on the DB puzzles), then seeing a post the next day saying it's up. It was also kind of like a history log of my submissions, sometimes I liked looking back and being like "yeah I should submit more Puggsy".
On the other hand not having to upload and then link images will be awesome, and getting sheets up faster is always good Smile

Anyway, since this is here now, what's going to happen to the Submissions forum? And should I still post in project threads when I've submitted sheets of that project (just saying "I've submitted <sheet name>" to let people know)?

I'll go ahead and test out the feature using some sheets that I posted but hadn't been uploaded yet Tongue
EDIT: Did this, it's awesome! Great job guys Big Grin
Just tried it out. It's really awesome and simple! Smile
I am excite for this.

@puggsoy, you can still always post your submissions, it'll just be like RBY's thread where we don't upload them and just comment. Tongue
(07-17-2013, 06:58 PM)Axle the Red Wrote: [ -> ]@puggsoy, you can still always post your submissions, it'll just be like RBY's thread where we don't upload them and just comment. Tongue

A million times this Smile

Also, I'm happy to hear you guys are finding the new system easy to use. One of my main goals when designing an interface is to make it user friendly and so far, that seems to be the case since I gave virtually no instruction in terms of actually submitting Big Grin
Hey, all my submissions are under http://www.spriters-resource.com/submitter/Midi+Waffle/ If I were to submit the new way, would they still fall into the same address, or would the Waffle be dropped since it's not in my account name?
Pages: 1 2 3 4