The VG Resource

Full Version: Slow site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it only me that is having problems with the site being extremely slow? Or is the server going through something that is making it slow?
Seems to be running just fine to me. Some pages will take a while to load but that's inevitable when there are 500+ images that need to load with them. Can you give any specific examples?
I don't know. It's just that I've never had any problems. It's hard to give a specific example. Sometimes it takes about 10 seconds for the site background and text to load (without loading the sprites). After running a search, sometimes it takes a really long time to see the results for games when there are many sheets (ex: using 'Sonic' as a keyword) and sometimes a sheet can take a few seconds to load.
Loading the forums is also really slow sometimes... =/
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but can the fact that I don't use a US ISP have anything to do with it?
Are you running any addons or extensions that affect page loading (i.e. AdBlock or NoScript)? The fact that you're on a non-US ISP shouldn't be an issue. This server is actually hosted in Germany so you're not connecting to a US IP anyway.