Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Slow site
Is it only me that is having problems with the site being extremely slow? Or is the server going through something that is making it slow?
Thanked by:
Seems to be running just fine to me. Some pages will take a while to load but that's inevitable when there are 500+ images that need to load with them. Can you give any specific examples?
Thanked by:
I don't know. It's just that I've never had any problems. It's hard to give a specific example. Sometimes it takes about 10 seconds for the site background and text to load (without loading the sprites). After running a search, sometimes it takes a really long time to see the results for games when there are many sheets (ex: using 'Sonic' as a keyword) and sometimes a sheet can take a few seconds to load.
Loading the forums is also really slow sometimes... =/
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but can the fact that I don't use a US ISP have anything to do with it?
Thanked by:
Are you running any addons or extensions that affect page loading (i.e. AdBlock or NoScript)? The fact that you're on a non-US ISP shouldn't be an issue. This server is actually hosted in Germany so you're not connecting to a US IP anyway.
Thanked by: