The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping models from an iso help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! First off, allow me to apologize for my infrequent posting; school keeps me quite busy! Now, with that out of the way (literally-school is done) I have been looking into a project I`ve wanted to do for quite awhile but haven`t had the time: ripping a model of my favorite hockey player. I don`t have any of the recent games, so I downloaded an xbox 36o iso of EA Sports NHL 13. Since then, I`ve tried Modio, Noesis, and a few other programs I can`t remember in an attempt to find a way to get this model. I`ve extracted the game files from the iso but I can`t open them beyond that (most are .BIG files, and the extractor i used didn`t work). So my question is, is this possible, or am I just wasting my time? And if it is possible, how would I go about doing it?
telling us the name of the game would help. Big Grin
(05-02-2013, 04:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]telling us the name of the game would help. Big Grin

I did lol, EA Sports NHL 13 as an xbox 360 iso file Tongue
oh missed that since it was all in one text chunk, my bad! Shy
It`s alright, I probably should have split it up more! I wish there was a real way to emulate Xbox and Ps3 games, then I could just use a 3D ripper!
Bumping this topic, I'm still trying but no luck. Nobody knows anything?
well to understand an unknown filetype you need to have a really good understanding of how a file actually works, binary wise (headers, offsets and whatnot)

so if you document yourself a lot and are willing to spend a lot of time on this, you'll get there eventually
that would also mean you're tech-savvy enough to write a file converter for .BIG files

in any case i'd recommend posting this request on forums that are more into this kind of stuff like xentax
Since Lexou mentioned it, if you can give me a link to one of these .BIG files I might take a look. I probably won't find much but who knows.