Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from an iso help
Hello everyone! First off, allow me to apologize for my infrequent posting; school keeps me quite busy! Now, with that out of the way (literally-school is done) I have been looking into a project I`ve wanted to do for quite awhile but haven`t had the time: ripping a model of my favorite hockey player. I don`t have any of the recent games, so I downloaded an xbox 36o iso of EA Sports NHL 13. Since then, I`ve tried Modio, Noesis, and a few other programs I can`t remember in an attempt to find a way to get this model. I`ve extracted the game files from the iso but I can`t open them beyond that (most are .BIG files, and the extractor i used didn`t work). So my question is, is this possible, or am I just wasting my time? And if it is possible, how would I go about doing it?
Thanked by:
telling us the name of the game would help. Big Grin
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-02-2013, 04:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: telling us the name of the game would help. Big Grin

I did lol, EA Sports NHL 13 as an xbox 360 iso file Tongue
Thanked by:
oh missed that since it was all in one text chunk, my bad! Shy
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
It`s alright, I probably should have split it up more! I wish there was a real way to emulate Xbox and Ps3 games, then I could just use a 3D ripper!
Thanked by:
Bumping this topic, I'm still trying but no luck. Nobody knows anything?
Thanked by:
well to understand an unknown filetype you need to have a really good understanding of how a file actually works, binary wise (headers, offsets and whatnot)

so if you document yourself a lot and are willing to spend a lot of time on this, you'll get there eventually
that would also mean you're tech-savvy enough to write a file converter for .BIG files

in any case i'd recommend posting this request on forums that are more into this kind of stuff like xentax
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Since Lexou mentioned it, if you can give me a link to one of these .BIG files I might take a look. I probably won't find much but who knows.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: