The VG Resource

Full Version: WIP rip of Krusha from Donkey Kong Country 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may be mistaken, but I don't believe Krusha has been ripped yet. So I present my work-in-progress version of Krusha. I know the sheet is pretty cluttered and I don't have the death animation, but I'll try to fix it soon. I just wanted to give you a peek at it.

[attachment=1088]

I wanted to know what program you sprite rippers normally use to compile, edit, and view ripped images. My current way of doing it is:

1- use ZSNES and disable background layers to get a clean image
2- either use the screen capture or a program called AnimGet
3- I use gamemaker (don't laugh) to edit the image
4- MSpaint to copy the images and compile them together
5- Irfanview to insert text into the image (i use the Kongtext font)
6- save and upload

I'm obviously woefully new and retarded at this, but what advice can you give a noob?
I think I might have a full rip of this done already. And the grey palette swap. I'll upload it in a bit (I'm at the campus library right now).
@Tonberry2k

Ok, that's good. You're much better at it than me. Before I start a new rip project, maybe I'd better list some of the ones i'm planning first. I'd hate to have to rip what already has a rip!

1- Chomps and Chomps Jr
2- Bitesize
3- Croctopus
4- Klump
5- Rockroc
6- Necky Bosses (both palettes)
7- Klaptrap
8- Zingers (hopefully all the colors)
9- Slippa
10- Squidge
11- Clambo
12- Krash

Most of these have sprites already ripped, but they are missing a lot of frames. I wanted to ask you which ones you've already ripped to see which ones I should do.
Rockcroc is done, Slippa and Klaptrap are (I think) done, Clambo is done.
All others are fair game. Feel free to add to/use the sheets I posted in the other topic. Notes: Kritter and Gnawty were ripped by BeamYosho and Rockcroc and Manky Kong were ripped by RTB. Necky was ripped by Lotos.
I ripped Bitesize if he's not been done already.

[attachment=1090]
Don't forget the animation frames when they get killed.
(09-18-2008, 01:37 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget the animation frames when they get killed.

I would, but how does one separate the sprite from the overlapping hit effect? You know, that star animation that shows everytime someone gets hurt.
It's tricky, and that's part of the problem ripping enemies in this game. You may have to get several screenshots and splice them together.