The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: atuj61.jpg]
[Image: 13zx1fp.jpg]
[Image: 5a0uiw.jpg]
[Image: 2v28kk2.jpg]
So yeah, that happened. For those who didn't see it, the main gimmick in this game is that Mario enters Luigi's dreams (which seem to be 2D and puzzle based like the insides of Bowser from the previous game). The big difference here seems to be that unlike Bowser's Inside Story where you were limited in interaction between the area and the person you were in, this time you have a lot of control. What do I mean? Well in BiS, most areas had two options on how things would work (filled with water/no water, fat/thin, ect), but in this game, you can mess with the dream world by messing with Luigi's face on the bottom screen in different ways, be it making him sneeze, playing with his hat, or pulling on his stache.

Overall it looks like a fun game, plus I love the graphics in it.
Gonna miss the sprites, but at least the game looks stylish and reminiscent of the sprited style.

(02-14-2013, 12:18 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna miss the sprites, but at least the game looks stylish and reminiscent of the sprited style.

I honestly wasn't sure if the characters were detailed sprites or models honestly (also, the in dream sections seem to be sprites still).

As for the other thing you said, take a look at the first image. Theres some familiar NPCs from the first game there, so it may hint to something.
AW HELL YES.

This looks awesome. I do also kind of miss the sprites, and Mario looks a bit weird when choosing his attack, but that's minor stuff that'll probably go away over time (since I'm comparing directly to BiS right now).

You're right, it does look like the 2D dream world has sprites. Not only will it give us something to rip (if 3DS games ever becomes rippable), but changing from 3D to 2D regularly looks like it'll be fun/interesting.

The only downside I can see so far though, is that it looks like you'll only be controlling Mario while you're inside the dreams, which is probably about half of the game (or at least a big chunk). A big part of the previous games was the bros working together (both in battle and in the overworld), so I'm hoping that you actually get to control Luigi in the dreams too (since it's his dream, rather than his body, this might be possible).

Apart from that though, I'm honestly just happy for a new game in the series. I seriously can not wait to play this.

Good god I'm excited.
Personally the character I would most like to see come back would be Popple.
I love the Mario & Luigi games, I just wish I had a 3DS. (assuming it's for 3DS)
nice i was wondering when a new Mario and Luigi game would get made, i wonder if Bowser is the villain again? Also i hope Super Mario RPG makes a cameo just like the first Mario and Luigi game Cute
SMRPG characters appearing in the game would be totally badass.
When I see a dreaming Mario Bro, there better be a toad involved, and not the fungal kind.

The trailer from the Nintendo Direct. Notice before Mario enters Luigi's dream that there's an overworld. Also Luigi can still help Mario even while asleep.
(02-14-2013, 02:43 PM)senjen Wrote: [ -> ]nice i was wondering when a new Mario and Luigi game would get made, i wonder if Bowser is the villain again?

I don't think so, he hasn't been the main antagonist in any of the M&L games so I doubt he'd be in this one.
Fuck yeah looks like bro attacks can be done without items again!

better than sticker star so far

unless they do to this what they did to sticker star...... *shudder*
(02-14-2013, 04:16 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so, he hasn't been the main antagonist in any of the M&L games so I doubt he'd be in this one.

I wouldn't count it out, though, considering Miyamoto's war on uniqueness.

Although a dream-based game would be a good opportunity to bring Wart back into the picture!
That would be so great!
But if there's one thing Nintendo does well, it's squander opportunities.
he was in link's awakening since it was a dream

but I dont think miyamoto did that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5