The VG Resource

Full Version: Yoshi's Land
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Yoshi Epic Yarn / Little Big Yoshi / Yoshi's Story WÜ.
PK showed me over Skype and all I could do was go EEEEEEEEEE especially right after hearing about the Wind Waker remake.

The yarn theme blends in better with Yoshi than Kirby, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how they incorporate the yarn into the cardboard and crafts designs.

Not to mention, going by the teaser this looks like it's going to be brilliant.

(inb4 "it should have been another Yoshi's Island", because keep in mind if we did get one, all the fanbase is going to do is say "IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE [UNSURPASSABLE] ORIGINAL", and besides, Yoshi's Island DS is newer than Topsy Turvy so I think we were due another Story style game first)
Finally a new yoshi game Big Grin also it looks very cute Cute
[Image: WiiU_Yoshi012313_Scrn01.jpg]
[Image: WiiU_Yoshi012313_Scrn03.jpg]
Huh. The only Yoshi-featuring game I've ever played was Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island, (which I didn't even finish), so I can't say much, but it looks cool. Characters being made of yarn looks nice and interesting, and I expect the rest of the game will have some interesting features too.

Either way I probably won't play this until forever, but I might try and get Yoshi's Island DS or Touch & Go.
Kinda predicted this but still: Hell Yes
I'm not really a fan of the graphics of this game. That I can't lie. This may be nostalgia fagging on my part but I'd much rather see the pastel and watercolor like graphics from Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Island DS, and that would be awesome to see on the Wii-U if they made hand drawn graphics and painted on them with traditional art tools.
I'm kind of excited to see Epic Yarn becoming its own Star-of-the-Year series. I hope the trend continues, and we eventually see something like Ice Climbers Epic Yarn, for example.
Just a shame Kirby's Epic Yarn could be completed in like, 2 sittings, without any effort being put in.
But it was fun, no doubt about that.

Gives me and my buddy Alex an excuse to meet up after long periods to complete something together again! Let's hope for co-op!
It DID require effort to get gold medals though, which is one of the main points of the game.
But I guess not everyone bothers to complete games, lol.
Its a shame that Kirby did the Yarn thing first. Yoshi should've had a new style to call his own.

Anyway it seems the game revolves around Yoshi eating and getting bigger and bigger. Interesting!
Not a fan of the yarn stuff at all. But it should still be good.
From what I can tell Yoshi can eat yarn Shy Guys and add more yarn to his own body, getting bigger and bigger.
There better be yarn fruit/fruits at the end of the level... Maybe if enough yarn is collected, you get a bonus stage?
I think the 3D enviroments are lovely. The knitted Yoshi is cute too. Not a fan of yarn Yoshi, because Kirby was first. However, I believe the Epic Yarn part is simply to present a connection between Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi U, one of them being Good Feel.

@Puggsoy: I, personally, wouldn't recommend YIDS. Though having multiple babies to switch between is kinda fun (I love how reverse it is to carry Baby Bowser and NOT have Baby Mario crying your brains out), expecting it to be a rightful successor, a superior entry of the franchise, left me very disappointed. YIDS gets boring for me really fast.
It's not terrible. I'm simply warning you not to get your hopes up for something as magical as Yoshi's Island 1.
Pages: 1 2