The VG Resource

Full Version: Disney Infinity Good Idea or Bad Idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
a game that uses the skylanders approach

here is a wiki about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Infinity

Here is the trailer

i think it looks pretty good it looks like it will be expensive though do to having to collect all those figures,

what are your thoughts guys i hope some Gravity Falls characters make it in Smile
Well, Skylanders is reserved for the elite when it comes to price, so I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case here.
However, these Disney figures have more collectable value as opposed to the mass-produced original characters of Skylanders, so I think Disney has the edge here.
Not in a million years would I waste money on this; it makes me look even poorer than I already am.

Oh, and Darth Vader better be in this.
I'm actually looking forward to this, I actually like a lot of Disney characters, where as I find Spyro mediocre.
(01-18-2013, 03:19 PM)Hipster Bastard Wrote: [ -> ]where as I find Spyro mediocre.

That's okay. There's literally three Spyro characters in the entire Skylanders franchise.
The idea is excellent in terms that this is going to make Disney a crap load of money (don't forget they now own Marvel and Star Wars) as for the game, Spyro kinda sucked so this doesn't have much to compete with in actual gameplay terms.
about time the incredibles got some kind of recognition
but where the fuck is frozone
seriously
Am i the only one who thinks that there's too many Pixar characters? Wreck-It Ralph is the only one from the Disney Animated Canon.

Besides that. This does look interesting, especially with who is in the roster. Jack Skellington? Awesome!
One promotional image seen here features a few characters not mentioned on the wiki page.

Also, Darkwing Duck and Launchpad McQuack please. And Herbie too.
In all honesty this looks kinda fun. While I may not buy it myself at first I have plenty of younger cousins who will and if I enjoy it I may just pick it up myself.
It'd be cool to have a Disney/Pixar open world style game, but without the paying crazy money for plastic.
I'd genuinely eat that shit up - flying across Disney World as Buzz and then changing to fight people in sword fights on the seas as Jack Sparrow - that makes me want to play it right now.
I've never liked the idea of content being locked unless you spend more money, and this is just that.
Judging by other Disney games this won't be as good as they make it out to be. But one can dream.
Same as Dazz, this looks pretty nice and I can imagine some cool stuff could go on, if they execute it well. But yeah having to buy separate figurines to effectively play the game (to its fullest, at least) is pretty off-putting.
(01-19-2013, 12:20 AM)Vic Wrote: [ -> ]but where the fuck is frozone
seriously

He's probably looking for his supersuit
(01-19-2013, 04:32 AM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]Judging by other Disney games this won't be as good as they make it out to be. But one can dream.

I was under the assumption it would be like Toy Story 3's Toy Box mode, but well - really big. And that's no bad thing. However the whole 'play-sets' being locked to characters (and being like $25 each, like holy crap is there one for each character?) no price for figures and just the sheer amount of money this game is probably going to be asking for... just seems too damn expensive.

Now if a Kid's Disney Magazine (for like £5 a month subscription or something) came with a figure then I can see that working for a family. But at the moment it just looks like a game for spoilt kids.
So basically it's a spiritual successor to toontown without avatars and shit and it has elements of most open world games and Skylanders if I have this down right.

I like it to be honest. However the only value I see in this one in the long run is the figures since chances are people are going to be fawning over that. I can see a lot of potential in this too.
Honestly, Sparx is an item in one of the expansion sets in Skylanders, which technically brings it around to four from the Spyro series.

Disney Infinity is more of a giant risk the way I see it, having the recent box office powerhouse Wreck-It-Ralph as a character, plus it doesn't have much opposition as with the only other one that's doing it is Skylanders.. Until Pokemon decides to hop in on the bandwagon. And Gundam. And Hasbro's big licensed merchandise. Knowing those guys, they have arcade machines that work just like that in japan, and it will only be a matter of time before they catch wind of the success of both Disney Infinity and Skylanders.

It's a bit of a gamble at this point when you got other shit going on in the gaming world. If it works or not, it's all up to those that will eat it up.

Quote:He's probably looking for his supersuit

His wife probably misplaced it again.
Pages: 1 2 3