The VG Resource

Full Version: Gaia's Other Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[Image: 4pujgx.png]

Basically, a little game idea. Plot is basically that Sengi~ finds a seemingly abandoned ouija board and since she has an intrest in the dead, decides to use it, but unwittingly frees the demonic cat Shizumi and the next day, Dazz mysteriously vanishes!

Members are puzzled with this mystery, and they sent the only inactive member they can find, ooh boy. The gameplay plays like Castlevania 1-4 (barring II), difficulty will be probably Konami hard fighting through hordes of horrible mutants!

- Gather powerups!
- Ally yourself with the moderating team!
- Intense bossfights!
- A mystery regarding the very ouija board used to free Shizumi to be solved!

Though, feedback would be nice.
That sprite is a little too cluttered, I think. It's fairly hard to read. Maybe cut back on some of the smaller details?
or it's the oversaturated BG color that's throwing me off
Magic/Eye Bleeding Pink might be a good colour to use when your ripping (as nothing uses it) but for displaying your own work put it on something more pastel-like (baby blue/pink or something) as it makes it really hard to look at otherwise.

There does seem to be a but much going on though, his body is mostly fine but I can't rad his face. Looks like a metal mask with one of those "doctor circles" on it, you know - like Metal Man. If you wanting that much detail I suggest you up the dimensions a bit.
I can actually read it just fine except that the yellow doesn't contrast well with the light grey at all, and thus making his eyes seem invisible. I would add dark lines around them (and probably lower them a bit).
yeeeaaah akumajo resource sounds awesome.
Definitely prefer the gameplay of 1,3,4 to metroidvania. kudos.
Explanation why it's pink: Anything darker than a grey or a purple there's a possibility the character would blend in (I'll have an example to show why). I've seen most other spriters use this as well (mainly gors for his own project).

For readability I wanted to capture the spirit of castlevania with a mix of TSR's own little exploits. Guess I overshot with the details? I'd like someone to inform me on that.

BBBUUTT I can see what I can do for the yellow, plus I started on the walking frames.

EDIT: I tried correcting these issues:

[Image: alkh75.png]

Yellow too bright? still overdetailed in some areas? let me know.
Yeah, the yellow for the eyes is still too bright. I can barely see it next to the white.
yours>[Image: alkh75.png] My Edit>[Image: gaia.png]

the areas around the eyes all share about the same brightness,
so everything just kind of bleeds together. I darkened the eye
area itself, so that the bright parts of the eye are next to dark
spots of the face, so that you can see the eye more clearly.
Maybe not as bright as your eyes, but easier to see I think.

It still needs improvement, but I think it may be a step in
the right direction.
gaia's: [Image: sKOYw.png]

my edit: [Image: byp7X.png]

make good use of shading! those darker shades aren't just for antialiasing and dark spots, they're also great for making faint boundaries between similar colors, making things a lot more readable. my edit still could use some touch-ups, but it should still get the point across.
Dunno why, I really want to cast you as an Axe Knight. But the eyes are somewhat better now, I can see that it could use some improvements elsewhere. But considering Crappy has made his edit as well, I might combine both.

Here's the enemy list so far (Super Castlevania VI):

- Medusa Head/Arisa (gors' character)
- Zombie/Sir Zababeden
- Skeleton/Guycott
- Mermen/Vipershark (was gonna cast him as some sort of a gate to the next stage but eh)
- Harpy/Mutsukki
- Sevenstitch/Axe Knight
- Skull Knight/Meta

Bosses (aside from most of the bosses, one of them is a protagonist from a canned(?) project!)

- Heavily Armed Ghoul Rabbit/Previous (Stage 1-2 boss)
- Firefly Gargoyle/Mighty Jetters (Stage 2-2 boss)
- Water Sorceress/Neige (Stage 3-2 boss) (canned(?) project prisim protag)
- Alucard/Nicktendo (Stage 4-2, first fight)
- Cerberus/Starsock (first head), robo9 (second head), Sengir (third head) (Stage 5-2 boss)
- Death/Nicktendo (rematch) and Sengi, as she's the one who opened the damn portal and Nick's got a bone to pick with Shizumi. Two-Parter fight. (Stage 6-2 boss)
- Dracula/Shizumi for the first round, and the Dazz/Shizumi hybrid monstrosity for the showdown. (7-1 Endgame boss)

Allied Moderators:

- Gors
- Crappy Blue Luigi
- Mighty Jetters (must rescue first)
- Previous (must rescue first)

Though, I would want to start on the simpler ones/do a few poses of the player character first so I can start on a few mockups, so that way I'll have something in the gamedev section. The project's p. barren graphically atm.

[Image: 2wlu4hj.png]

Made changes to Gaia's head and added Zadabiden, although he too could use some work, like making him appear like a traditional zombie (missing bits/rust).
[Image: spywxv.png]

Started with the walk frames. So far it's just those three poses as I'm modeling the animation after the first game's animation style. (1-2Dope2-1-2)

Though, I need a little help with the animation..

Specials however, will have more animations (such as whip, but I'll introduce that once I'm done with the walk sprites and have enough enemies for a decent looking mockup).
[Image: 1z1cs34.png]

Bottom left: Vipermaid, right: Zombiaden, farthest right: Arisa Head. All WIP.
His name should be Sir Zombieden.
(07-08-2012, 07:55 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]His name should be Sir Zombieden.

Quote:Sorry you must wait 45 days between username changes. Your last username change was 06-18-2012.
Oh well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8