The VG Resource

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros. 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Yes, no lie. New Super Mario Bros. 2 has been announced with 4 screens and it will be on the Nintendo 3DS this August. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. What do you think this game will have?
the least you could have done was add a source link.

Ether way I heard about it. All I can say is that I am actually disappointed that nintendo is making another re-hash of something that is supposed to appease the "retro" hipsters that sorely want to play a game like the old mario brothers.

Yeah, I can admit that new super mario bros was fun at the time, hell te NSMB for the wii was okay. but now it basically "hey what if we re-hash another NSMB's and add new levels and shit, and throw in a few things from super mario brothers 3? hell since this is the third new super mario brothers game lets just call it "new super mario brothers 2" because yeah that makes so much sense."

Fuck you nintendo, unless you add wi-fi multilayer co-op and battle to this one and add in worlds that aren't the same ones as the last two NSMB's I am not giving you my fucking money. I ain't falling for this shit again.
We've seen... what? 4 pictures? How do you know it's a rehash with only 4 pictures?
(04-21-2012, 03:28 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]We've seen... what? 4 pictures? How do you know it's a rehash with only 4 pictures?

Now see, the picture with raccoon mario has peach's castle.

like we didn't see that in NSMBWii
or NSMBDS

that right there alone tells me its going to be a re-hash of the last two ones except all of them are going to have new levels and shit that nintendo, hardly put the effort into making far as NSMBWii goes.

I suppose Re-hash isn't the right word to use but fuck, it's the same fucking formula they have used for NSMBWii and the DS. "lets not put any effort into making new areas and add in new enemies and shit". no, that's not how you make a sequel.

I know mario is supposed to be simple but myamoto isn't putting any effort to what he could do with the series. Hell even Super Mario 3D
Land had some innovation in it even though it wasn't the best mario game, because it at least had some things that set it apart from the last mario games.
The fact that they all start with the castle in the BG is the dumbest thing to base the full game on. I'm not saying that it won't be a rehash, but when all you have to go on is a fairly iconic building in the BG, you are grasping at straws.

EDIT- You also have to consider that one of the first things they said about it is that they plan on rethinking the Mario platformer with it, so they obviously have something in mind that they aren't showing.
The first wasn't all that great, especially the replayability value, although it was interesting to the Bros in better graphics with the same gameplay. Let's see how Nintendo does this time round.
(04-21-2012, 03:51 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]The fact that they all start with the castle in the BG is the dumbest thing to base the full game on. I'm not saying that it won't be a rehash, but when all you have to go on is a fairly iconic building in the BG, you are grasping at straws.

EDIT- You also have to consider that one of the first things they said about it is that they plan on rethinking the Mario platformer with it, so they obviously have something in mind that they aren't showing.

Let me tell you right now that what your saying about me bashing this one solely because it's "iconic" is bullshit. I get it's iconic but when you have seen it done in the same fashion the last two games has done it, that gives you the impression it's not going to be very different from the last one.

Lets look back at Super Mario 64. it was introduced as this world hub you could explore. Okay good enough, in super mario galaxy it was used in the intro as a plot point of what the hell will happen in the game. HOLY SHIT IT'S GOING INTO SPACE LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE AN ASTRONAUT NOW. New Super Mario Brothers it's in the background solely for scenery (and a bit of the intro to show a plot point, but not that it mattered much anyways since the main point is that peach got kidnapped). New Super Mario Brothers Wii was the same deal I mean it might be a bit different, until you play the first two levels of the game. This one is the same thing again and you can easily tell it's going to be the same, fucking, thing right off the bat.

Look, I don't care if it's iconic or not. I care about how it's being used. and if you can notice it is the same thing as the last two games, you can tell it's the same game sugarcoated to supposedly be "different".

Also, looking at the other screen shots, you can easily tell it's going to be the same if you haven't already. I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE WE HAVEN'T GONE THROUGH A WINTER WONDER LAND, A FOREST, AND A FUCKING PYRAMID BEFORE TO KNOW HOW A LEVEL WILL BE LIKE RIGHT? It's just too obvious to be any different.
(04-21-2012, 03:51 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT- You also have to consider that one of the first things they said about it is that they plan on rethinking the Mario platformer with it, so they obviously have something in mind that they aren't showing.

When did they say this? If it was a long time ago, then... maybe they've changed their minds? Because everything they've shown of this game so far (which is admittedly little) seems to suggest the exact opposite.
(04-21-2012, 05:30 PM)Phantom K Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2012, 03:51 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT- You also have to consider that one of the first things they said about it is that they plan on rethinking the Mario platformer with it, so they obviously have something in mind that they aren't showing.

When did they say this? If it was a long time ago, then... maybe they've changed their minds? Because everything they've shown of this game so far (which is admittedly little) seems to suggest the exact opposite.
It was from a translation. I believe it was on GoNintendo last night. Either way, as you yourself said, we haven't seen much which is why I think it would be best to wait and see what they have planned. Obviously they wouldn't start it off by showing us something mind blowing if they only planned on showing 4 shots. They'd wait for E3 where they'd be showing off a full video.

Again, I'm not actually saying that it will be an amazing, ground breaking game (especially since a lot of companies like to blow the idea of rethinking things out of proportion), I'm jsut saying that I'd rather wait and see. Personally, I enjoyed NSMBWii so I'll probably be happy with this either way, but the inclusion of the classic raccoon power up at least hints that there could be some more exploration involved.
(04-21-2012, 05:51 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I'm not actually saying that it will be an amazing, ground breaking game (especially since a lot of companies like to blow the idea of rethinking things out of proportion), I'm just saying that I'd rather wait and see. Personally, I enjoyed NSMBWii so I'll probably be happy with this either way, but the inclusion of the classic raccoon power up at least hints that there could be some more exploration involved.

Okay because that didn't happen with the Propeller hat in NSMBWii. Saying that you have Raccoon Mario in there means that there will be more exploration than the last one is kind of silly if you really remember what happened in the last one.

on another note, far as I am concerned with this as a sequel, I feel like this will be an important thing to reference throughout the discussion (and no, I don't care if it's been shown before)

pay close attention to the part where he brings up the fact that the first 5 sequels of mega man. they're pretty much the same game until X comes out. If you get the point there you will see my point with NSMB2.
The propeller cap allowed you to go straight up and them fall slowly horizontally. The raccoon tail allows for movement in any direction for a decent amount of time.

Either way, with little evidence you aren't going to convince me that the game will be bad. At the same time, I'm not trying to convince you that it will be good, I'm just saying that it's better to wait and see instead of flat out saying it will suck without any real evidence aside from 4 pictures.
when did I ever say, that, the game will be bad.

I'm not saying that the game is going to be bad.

I'm throwing it out there it's going to be the same thing as the last one, and the one before that.

I've been repeating myself several times about that, and I have tried to be a bit more obvious as I went along. I have never said it will be bad or good, I am saying that the game isn't anything different from the last one and it hardly at all will be anything outstanding with the first impression I have from the four screenshots. If you are really convinced that they are going to be adding in something completely different into the formula of this series alone and trying to defend your claim with every little excuse in the book, then please stop. It's only making the debate go around in circles.
i think this one is a remake of smb3, liek how nsmbw is a remake of smw and nsmb is, obviously, a remake of super mario bros
If only it were a remake of SMB2, now that'd be neat to see.
(04-21-2012, 06:23 PM)Key Wrote: [ -> ]i think this one is a remake of smb3, liek how nsmbw is a remake of smw and nsmb is, obviously, a remake of super mario bros
I suppose this is true using the term "remake" extremely loosely.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17