The VG Resource

Full Version: [IDEA] Blitz Sonic Generations fan game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It's me again. I had this idea of making a Sonic fan game using Blitz 3D (a game development engine that uses the BASIC programming language), inspired by Sonic BGE and Blitz Sonic Ultra. The idea is to create a sonic fan game with interactive menus, HD models, powerfull AI, wonderfull graphics, and really good physics. I already have the models and textures needed to make it (Sonic model, Egg pawn model, Omochao model, Old enemy models, and a test stage). I also want to make the boost, quick step and slide feature available. The title will be Blitz Sonic Generations. I really need your help. If there's anyone with a desire to make a Sonic fan game and good Blitz 3D programming skills, I would really appreciate if you would join in to make this a reality. Thank you.

P.S: No payment is involved in this as I don't have the capabilities to do that. Another thing. ONLY JOIN IF YOU ARE FULLY WILLING TO HELP AND ONLY IF YOU ARE JOINING TO HAVE FUN IN THE FACT THAT YOU ARE MAKING A FAN GAME! THIS IS NOT A JOB! IT'S FOR FUN!

EDIT: If you're a good BlitzBASIC programer, ANYONE can join. Even mods.
I'd recommend Sonic GDK instead of BlitzSonic. GDK is a much more powerful engine, with much better graphics, better physics... all-around, it's much better. Here's a link to the latest release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRetedRHRvw In order to edit it, you'd better check out its thread on the Sonic Fan Games HQ. Here's an example of what it can do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ7cpd-fa...re=related
As seen in the video, it also has 2D capabilities. Try it out.
I already know about GDK. I picked Blitz 3D instead because I'm more comfortable with the BASIC programming language. Does GDK (UDK) use the BASIC programming language?
As far as I know the Unreal DevKit uses it's own language (Unreal Script or something) which is most likely based on C++ and Java (as those are the most common modern programming languages).
Ok.
I'll look into the C++ language when I have time. Please inform me if UDK has any tutorials or a downloadable documentation. For now let's stick with Blitz 3D.

I need recruits. Does anyone want to join? Please do.
I'm not sure. What could I do for the project?
(04-21-2012, 12:37 PM)Virt the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. What could I do for the project?

If you were to join, you would help based on what you can do. It says in your description that you're a 3D modeler. Are you good at animating? Remember though, if you join, you are joining for the sole purpose of having fun.
(04-21-2012, 12:37 PM)Virt the Fox Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. What could I do for the project?

I could animate models for you, if you want me too...
(04-26-2012, 04:52 PM)Santetos Wrote: [ -> ]I could animate models for you, if you want me too...

That would be great! Welcome to the group! If we are going to be doing any animations, we have to do them using fragmotion. Do you know how to use it?
Man i wish i could help but can't animat to goodSad i been trying, i'm doing a litte bit better. I'm great at posing! I think that's something?
Hmm... Posing eh? Sonic Konga, you can make a logo for the game. Are you really good at posing? Send me a PM of your best custom Sonic pose and I'll take a look. Make it your best! Wink
Fragmotion... I have yet to try that. Could you send me a link? I'll try to get familiar with the program and try some animating. What files does it export? I use Misfit Model 3D myself, and it might export whatever Fragmotion exports.
Www.fragmotion.com. It imports and exports a wide range of formats.
(04-28-2012, 03:12 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2012, 04:52 PM)Santetos Wrote: [ -> ]I could animate models for you, if you want me too...

That would be great! Welcome to the group! If we are going to be doing any animations, we have to do them using fragmotion. Do you know how to use it?

Yup.
Alright Santetos, you're in. Make sure you're here regularly though.

What about you Virt the Fox? Are you ready?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5