The VG Resource

Full Version: How can we make textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me how to make textures from scratch?
A program like photoshop, MS pant, e.t.c.
(03-23-2012, 08:38 AM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: [ -> ]A program like photoshop, MS pant, e.t.c.

I accually wanted to know a way to do that...
Give an example for what kind of model the texture is for..
(03-23-2012, 05:06 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]Give an example for what kind of model the texture is for..

Sonic series stuff (characters, boxes, environment objects, whatever)...:p
(03-23-2012, 05:06 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]Give an example for what kind of model the texture is for..

sonic stuff, like stage decors, character and object skins... Stuff like that
...You can use original textures as a reference....
(03-26-2012, 12:40 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]...You can use original textures as a reference....
Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've tried doing that, but I dont know how to shade the textures in an HD style... Any tips?

(03-26-2012, 12:40 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: [ -> ]...You can use original textures as a reference....

(04-03-2012, 11:20 PM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]
Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've tried doing that, but I dont know how to shade the textures in an HD style... Any tips?

what i do is open up an image modifying program (photoshop or GIMP), get the wireframe texture (USEFUL!) and set it as the top layer. from there, i just color it in using flat colors. then i use 3dsmax(not necessary, but good effect) and render an Ambient Occlusion map and set that as a layer (for shading) and then its complete Tongue
Damn , you're good!
(04-04-2012, 01:04 AM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]

what i do is open up an image modifying program (photoshop or GIMP), get the wireframe texture (USEFUL!) and set it as the top layer. from there, i just color it in using flat colors. then i use 3dsmax(not necessary, but good effect) and render an Ambient Occlusion map and set that as a layer (for shading) and then its complete Tongue

(04-04-2012, 01:04 AM)alexmach1 Wrote: [ -> ]

how do i get the wireframe texture?
you can use a simple program like UVMapper or simply render a wireframe from 3dsmax (and i think blender). it should look like this, a UV render of my custom klonoa model:
[Image: Cb8jl.png]
In 3ds max it would be ->Modifier: Unwrap UV->Edit->Tools->Render UVW Template
Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it! Wink
No problem, if there's anything else, let us know it. If not, tell the Mods to close this Tongue
(04-12-2012, 02:34 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it! Wink

One more thing. Can anyone tell me how the hell do I change texure paths in *.DAE files. I've tried using Notepad ++, but for some reason, I can't save the changes to the paths!!!
One more thing. Can anyone tell me how the hell do I change texure paths in *.DAE files. I've tried using Notepad ++, but for some reason, I can't save the changes to the paths!!!
Pages: 1 2