The VG Resource

Full Version: M&L: Partners in Time Ripping Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Alright, let's do this! Yes, this is the Partners in Time ripping project. We have most of the enemies, still missing a few bosses, and a few of the NPC's we currently have on the site are incomplete. For now, I'd like to get all the overworld poses for the big bros. and the baby bros. I have no plans on getting the battle poses...yet. Besides that, I wanna try and also rip Young E.Gadd. It would be great to also get some help from some DS ripping experts who can remove effetcs, etc. I'll come up with a list of what needs to be done later.

Now something to start us off.
[Image: TwlX1.png]

Here's what needs to be ripped. Keep in mind, you may need to play through a good chunk of the game to get everything you can.

- Mario Battle (not complete)
- Baby Mario Battle
- Baby Luigi Battle
- Mario & Baby Mario Battle
- Luigi & Baby Luigi Battle
- Flower Items
- Smash Egg
- Cannonballer
- Trampoline
- Hammer Bros (Boss) (not complete)
- Elder Shrooboid
- Princess Shroob's Twin
- Princess Shroob (final form)
- Shrowser (needs to be re-ripped)
- Overworld Backgrounds
- Battle Background Animations
- Misc. (items, objects, fonts, etc.)
I will ban everyone who doesn't help with this project. ;P
(01-18-2012, 01:54 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]I will ban everyone who doesn't help with this project. ;P

Hey Ton! You don't want to have to ban yourself now do you? Kidding.
But in all seriousness, here's a quick list of what needs to be ripped or what I think is incomplete. I'll put this on the first post, too. Now I did attempt to rip the Hammer Bros, but couldn't get around the effects. As you might already be able to see, I did claim a few sheets. Even if I can't complete them due to effects, I'll just get what I can.

- Kylie Koopa
- Toadsworth (not complete)
- Young Toadsworth (not complete)
- Prof. E. Gadd(not complete)
- Young Prof. E. Gadd *Claimed by A.J. Nitro*
- Hammer Bros (Boss) (not complete)
- Elder Shrooboid
- Princess Shroob *Claimed by A.J. Nitro*
- Princess Shroob Twin *Claimed by A.J. Nitro*
- Elder Princess Shroob
- Shrowser
- Battle Backgrounds
- Overworld Backgrounds
Pro. E. Gadd links to Toadsworth, so does Young Toadsworth. No biggy, just thought I'd let you know Wink
Actullay Past and Present Toadsworth are on the same sheet, but for Gadd was my mistake.
I'm still trying to rip the Star Hill overworld backgrounds. It is gonna take a long time to finish this because the shiny star backgrounds are a little difficult to rip.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6624/...llrip3.png
Wow, those backgrounds are looking good!

In the second one from the top (I believe), is that white chunk in the image because you were not able to travel over there (and subsequently see it in the tile viewer)?

If only PiT had a NoClip AR code of sorts... Big Grin
Good luck! Also, Mageker's Monty Mole sheet was missing some poses, so I added what he missed.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/mari.../sheet/665
What tools do you use to rip from this game? At least the version of DeSmuME I used back when I ripped the misc. battle sprites had no easy way of dividing visible "layers", especially in-battle.
(01-18-2012, 09:51 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]If only PiT had a NoClip AR code of sorts... Big Grin
Y'know, no promises, but I might try to make an AR code like that later today...
I'm just ripping through screen caps. If you're using Desmume, you can press the (-) key to slow the game down. I find that helps.
Megamario, if you're going to be showing a sheet that big, please just paste the link to it and not add [IMG] tags, thanks.

Like I said in your thread A.J., I'm gonna see if I can help with this a bit. I'll let you know if I decide on something.
Well, unfortunately, a no-clip code doesn't seem possible from what I can do with simple cheats. I tried to do a search for where the game stores X and Y coordinates and was successful for a certain screen, but apparently it changes every screen.

Ah well...

EDIT:
However, if you could send me a .ds* file for a screen you're having trouble ripping from, I could give you a specific code for that screen/savestate.
Check with the Disassembler tool (I believe), and see what values change when you move around?
More! I could not resist ripping the Brain sheet!
[Image: H4l7S.png][Image: Cohck.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18