The VG Resource

Full Version: Apoc Hedgie's models for all [Last update: 04/09/12]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Being an avid member of the Garry's Mod community, I figured I might as well post up my model rips that I use for GMod here so anyone can use them. I'll get the ball rolling here by starting with some Sonic Generations models, but I plan on submitting much, much more.

Yes, finally! Big Grin

Though, I noticed you left some of the textures as TGA. Is it because you have trouble converting images to PNG while keeping their alpha channels? If so, I could convert them for you. TGAs really take up too much space.
Kinda like what I had done for my Tails export. The red, green, blue and alpha channels of the TGA file all have separate properties (for example, red/green for pupil X/Y, blue/alpha for iris X/Y for Tails's eye normals texture), so I thought it was appropriate to leave them as-is for technical purposes. (Even I don't know how to set them up properly for rendering....)

And it's not too much of a filesize difference, though, between TGAs and PNGs (475KBs compared to 263KBs), but do whatever you feel's right, I guess.
Yeah, I noticed the normal maps had some interesting Alpha channels, but I figured they should function the same as PNGs, especially for things like his mustache. After all, if you wanted to use the extra channel bitmaps for things, you'd still have to separate the channel into a separate image anyway.

Besides, I was always told "no TGAs". Tongue
Hm, for convenience's sake, maybe I should update my Tails model upload with the normal and eye specular textures split up into RGBA channels, since they're both kinda weird. I'll do so when Cream, Cheese and Chip are ready.
(01-02-2012, 11:30 PM)Peardian Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I noticed the normal maps had some interesting Alpha channels, but I figured they should function the same as PNGs, especially for things like his mustache. After all, if you wanted to use the extra channel bitmaps for things, you'd still have to separate the channel into a separate image anyway.

Besides, I was always told "no TGAs". Tongue

Oh whoops, sorry about that. I wasn't sure mainly because the TGAs had the alpha channels and all. I'll fix it up and re-upload it later today, I've got a few things to do before I do that.
Yeah, PNGs can do Alpha just fine.

And yeah, it would be great if you separated the weird combined textures. It would make it a lot easier for everyone to use. Big Grin

Be sure to let me know when you've updated the file so I can upload it.
When/If you submit the other characters, you should include a version with a fixed mouth. Dealing with the double mouth is a pain.
(01-04-2012, 02:31 PM)MikeyLevi Wrote: [ -> ]When/If you submit the other characters, you should include a version with a fixed mouth. Dealing with the double mouth is a pain.

Of course, I'd never release something sub-par; I want everything that I release to be of quality and not "quality".

(01-02-2012, 07:48 PM)ApocHedgie Wrote: [ -> ]Being an avid member of the Garry's Mod community, I figured I might as well post up my model rips that I use for GMod here so anyone can use them. I'll get the ball rolling here by starting with some Sonic Generations models, but I plan on submitting much, much more.

Fantastic job! The fact he came rigged was a great bonus I really wasn't expecting! Thanks a lot Apoc, I can't wait to see what you bring us next! Big Grin
Cool Robotnik! Win are you going submit Classic Sonic!?
(01-09-2012, 09:15 PM)Max3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Cool Robotnik! Win are you going submit Classic Sonic!?
Soon as I can, fixing up the smoothing groups and setting up the textures as PNGs and whatnot.
Alright, were did you ripped it from pc,xbox 360,ps3 i'm just curious.
(01-09-2012, 11:39 PM)Max3000 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, were did you ripped it from pc,xbox 360,ps3 i'm just curious.

PC Version, since that's the one I bought it for. Anyway, if all goes to plan I'll have Classic Sonic, Classic Tails and an updated Classic Eggman uploaded tonight.
Nice, Can't wait for classic tails.

Is it possible to rip stages from this game?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7