The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello people!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!
I recently found this site from another game programmer since in my current game develoepement team i have no graphics artist he pointed me to this site and sait i could get sprite sheets for my game without copyrights issues and stuff.. And i hope this is true, I found many good sprite sheets that i wish to use for my game im making.

I have a question now when i join this forum:

1. Im making a game for the Xbox 360 Indie, Will i be allowed to use a sprite sheet like this one: Sprite sheet from mother 3 without some one sue me or something?
2. Is there some sprite sheets here that do have the copyright thingys ?

Thanks, Feel free to ask question to me also.
You can't use these any licensed piece of artwork in your Xbox indie game.
(01-01-2012, 01:13 PM)Proton Wrote: [ -> ]You can't use these any licensed piece of artwork in your Xbox indie game.

Thanks you for the answear!

How would i quickly see if the artwork is licensed or not?
Well, it's not custom, so it's copyrighted by the company that made it. So no, you can't use it in your indie game, sorry Blank

All sprites on the site are licensed/copyrighted/trademarked/whatever, so you can't use them for anything commercial. Even non-commercial projects might get complaints. To my knowledge, the only ones you'll be able to use are custom-made ones, and even for those you'll probably have to ask permission from the creators.

In any case, welcome to tSR Smile
(01-01-2012, 04:24 PM)puggsoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's not custom, so it's copyrighted by the company that made it. So no, you can't use it in your indie game, sorry Blank

All sprites on the site are licensed/copyrighted/trademarked/whatever, so you can't use them for anything commercial. Even non-commercial projects might get complaints. To my knowledge, the only ones you'll be able to use are custom-made ones, and even for those you'll probably have to ask permission from the creators.

In any case, welcome to tSR Smile

Ahh, Thanks!

Well thats not realy what i was looking for, Too bad...

I must say its a very intresting site anyways!