The VG Resource

Full Version: [INDEV] Pokemon Card GB Expansion | New Sprites 06/22/12 - Reconstructing OP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Under major reconstruction. Please feel free to direct any questions about sprites, spriting methodology and specifications, and coding to me.
I started a project with this exact same concept a few years ago, but it never really took off. This made my day, man! I'd post some of the old sprites from the project, but sadly (and surprisingly) I can't find them.

Anyway, stuff you have so far looks pretty fucking boss. Good luck with the project.
Are we supposed to only make second generation pokemon or can we make third generations pokemon too?
X Gamer: Well, that makes this a little more daunting, seeing as other projects have been tried and they failed, but thanks for the support! Also, glad my little doodles made somebody's day.

Yo-Yo Boy: Not at all! I for one was only interested in the second generation, but really, anything is good. Go for it!

Edit: Did Umbreon today.

Umbreon (Neo Discovery)
[Image: UmbreonTCG1.png]
I suck at making pokemon cards, Cry so i tried to make an Aquapolis symbol.
[Image: U79z8.png]
Edit: Is there any offical pallete for the pokemon cards?
Very nicely done. When I first saw it I was afraid it would exceed 16x16 but it checks in.

Hm, well honestly, not that I'm aware of. The cards have a great variation in colours, and I've never seen or heard of a palette. If there is one it must be very large. What I do is pick a colour from the original card until I've made a 7/8 colour palette.

Adding your symbol to the OP.

Edit: Light Machamp

Light Machamp [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: LightMachampTCG.png]
I'm making Smeargle from Neo Discovery.
I'll post it here when it's finished.
Great! Sounds like a plan.

I made Metal Energy yesterday but was too lazy to post it until today.

Metal Energy [Image: NeoGenesisExpansionSymbol2.png]
[Image: MetalEnergy.png]

I know it's holographic, but it doesn't really work well because of the background energy cards have. If anyone wants to see it anyway just say so. I used the Lightning Energy sprite as a base.
Smeargle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: B7hGk.png]
I'm pretty satisfied with this.
Wow. Very, very nice. You should definitely do more, you've got real talent at this. Adding to OP.

Hoothoot [Image: NeoGenesisExpansionSymbol2.png]
[Image: HoothootTCG.png]
Do you know how to code? I'm wondering beacuse you wrote "coder"
Weedle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: gAhog.png]
Metapod[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: S6eMs.png]
I also made an Ex Delta Species icon[Image: QgpFm.png]
This looks like it would be fun to join, but alas, I am not good at making sprites or coding. However, I am really good at making storylines (Like I said in another thread). If you have any need for a Storyline Creator, I would be a fine choice, and I would be extremely happy.
(12-05-2011, 07:24 AM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to code? I'm wondering beacuse you wrote "coder"
Weedle[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: gAhog.png]
Metapod[Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: S6eMs.png]
I also made an Ex Delta Species icon[Image: QgpFm.png]

Ha ha, I wanted to do these, but you did an amazing job with them. As always, adding to the OP. And I put "coder" in quotation marks because what I'm doing is looking into the game's code using a hex editor, seeing as there is no hacking base for either of the games (that I could find). I'm trying to figure the whole mess out.

(12-05-2011, 11:53 AM)sponge7325 Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like it would be fun to join, but alas, I am not good at making sprites or coding. However, I am really good at making storylines (Like I said in another thread). If you have any need for a Storyline Creator, I would be a fine choice, and I would be extremely happy.

Ah, well, you see, I wasn't really thinking about making a new game per se, like with a story line and all. Just adding more cards. But if you'd like, give it a shot. Also, Yo-Yo Boy said he wasn't any good at making cards, and he's doing great. Why not give it a try and see how you do?

Edit: Caterpie

Caterpie [Image: NeoDiscoveryExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CaterpieTCG1.png]

Edit 2: Cyndaquil

Cyndaquil [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CyndaquilTCG.png]
(12-05-2011, 07:10 PM)Starturds Wrote: [ -> ]Ha ha, I wanted to do these, but you did an amazing job with them. As always, adding to the OP.
Then maybe we should have some caiming system.
In that case I claim Wooper from Neo Genesis.

Edit: Maybe you should begin sorting the cards in which series they belong to and according to number.
(12-05-2011, 07:10 PM)Starturds Wrote: [ -> ]Cyndaquil [Image: NeoDestinyExpansionSymbol.png]
[Image: CyndaquilTCG.png]

That Cyndaquil was one of my favourite cards when I was younger Big Grin I'll help out. I'm claiming Magmar from Neo Genesis please
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24