The VG Resource

Full Version: Zelda 2 Japan Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is what should be all the unique sprite art from the Japan/Famicom Disk System version of Zelda2:

[Image: Zelda2Jap.png]

Oddly I overall found the Japan version easier then the US/PAL version. Despite the trickier to manage EXP system enemies tend to give more XP and EXP levels require less XP to go up. Not to mention the final EXP cap being 4000 instead of 9000 making EXP 1ups much easier to farm.

EDIT: Here's a base icon

[Image: Zelda2JapTSRIcon.png]
I didn't know the Japanese version had different graphics. Nice job!
Did the "I am error" guy shave?
That's not Error, it's the bridge guard in.....Saria, I think.
If anyone's wondering what the difference is for Link. He has no mouth (and he must scream. "YEAAAAH" SKAAAAAAACK!!!")

You're missing a couple things, though. The trophy/goddess statue, the water of life, and the barrier for the Great Palace all have different appearances in the FDS version as well. (oh, and the title card, I guess. and the blue octorok that appears in palaces instead of the snake))

What's funny is the the instruction manual for the NES version uses some screens from the FDS version. This used to make me very confused when I was younger, since all the palaces (except the 4th one) use the same tileset and palette.
Updated. No need for the blue octoroks, they appear in the NES version in the overworld, same art and palette.