The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario Kart 7 (Community Code 44-1952-2691-6546)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Mario Kart 7 will be here in a few months. Who's looking forward to it?

Some awesome highlights:

-Donkey Kong Country Returns Track made by Retro Studios themselves!
-Blue Shells no longer have wings, this might mean they will be easier to avoid!
-New items like Fire Flower, Leaf, and the number 7?
-Customizable Karts
-Gliding and diving allows for more pathways and diverse courses.
-Coins return on the tracks!

Confirmed Characters so far:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Toad
Koopa
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Rosalina
Lakitu
Metal Mario

Discuss!
i'd say metal blocks will be a powerup on their own, rather than a character. would explain why the kart on the video went metal as well.
But the interview specifically mentioned that Metal Mario was a new character o-O
So Metal Metal Mario?

Heh, I'm okay with that.
EXTRA METAL MARIO *plays a sick Metallica riff*
Lakitu, Metal Mario, Fire Flower and Leaf, I like them all. Wingless Blue Shells? No more broken Mario Kart? Finally?
I assume you can collect the coins to buy new parts.
(09-14-2011, 01:40 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]EXTRA METAL MARIO *plays a sick Metallica riff*
Kirk Hammett play us a sick solo!
Wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah.
Oh hey....wah pedal... Very Sad

*plays sick Death riff*
(09-14-2011, 09:12 AM)Flannel Bastard Wrote: [ -> ]Kirk Hammett play us a sick solo!
Wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah.
Oh hey....wah pedal... Very Sad

*plays sick Death riff*

Hey Cliff Burton, play us a...

Oh wait, he's dead.
Wow, judging from that video the Fire Flower looks really cheap...
I thought a saw a goomba in a Kart.
I know it's too early to tell without getting a chance to use it myself, but by the looks of it the Fire Flower gives you access to multiple projectiles that fly faster than shells. Sure, they don't stay on the stage by the looks of it like shells can, but that's effective for the user.

The only balancing factor I can think of is that the bouncing might make it bounce OVER enemy karts if not timed right, but by the looks of that video they bounce so low that it doesn't make a difference. I guess it really just depends on how many you can fire as well.

I could see it being a great kind of item to give the player in last place to give them a fighting chance, but I agree with Boo, it looks WAAAY overpowered.
(09-15-2011, 12:29 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's too early to tell without getting a chance to use it myself, but by the looks of it the Fire Flower gives you access to multiple projectiles that fly faster than shells. Sure, they don't stay on the stage by the looks of it like shells can, but that's effective for the user.

The only balancing factor I can think of is that the bouncing might make it bounce OVER enemy karts if not timed right, but by the looks of that video they bounce so low that it doesn't make a difference. I guess it really just depends on how many you can fire as well.

I could see it being a great kind of item to give the player in last place to give them a fighting chance, but I agree with Boo, it looks WAAAY overpowered.

Lightning Bolt, Golden Mushroom, Blue Shell. That's all I have to say.
Yeah, it looks like it might be an item given to people at the back of the pack so they can catch up. It also looks like it will take more skill to use properly than other last place items, like the Bullet Bill or Lightning Bolt, which is a good thing.
I still wish that the items were given out solely by chance, but I wouldn't mind it if they made the more powerful ones show up more frequently when you're in the lower positions.
It seems like the Fire Flower would be an item like the Golden Mushroom, you get to use it until it runs out.. that'd be pretty cheap. Like I wanted Mario Kart to bring good items but not really cheap items that if your in last you still have a chance..

Because then online will be the same as Mario Kart Wii.. You could be terrible, but just get some amazing items on the last lap and win.. I hated that factor in these games.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20