The VG Resource

Full Version: Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D....might be a possibility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Fans of Ocarina of Time’s darker, moodier sequel have reason to celebrate. Zelda Informer is reporting that, based on an interview with Zelda developer Eiji Aonuma appearing in August’s issue of Nintendo Power, Nintendo is open to the possibility of a remake of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask on the 3DS.

In the interview, Aonuma states that Ocarina of Time 3D, which launched last month to glowing reviews, was made possible because of “an outpour of emotions from people who said they would like to see this game done.” He goes on to confirm that if the fan desire for a remake of Link’s adventures in Termina were similarly strong, a remake would not be out of the question.

Aonuma then goes on to discuss the benefits of a Majora’s Mask remake, saying:

“Thinking on it now, having a handheld Majora’s Mask where you could kind of just set things down on your own time – close it, set it aside and come back to it later – might be a game play element some fans will actually take to and might really appreciate. Especially considering how you really had to rush through the original game, in a sense.”

Being an enormous fan of Majora’s Mask myself, this bit of news comes as a wonderful surprise, especially considering the high quality of the Ocarina remake. Let’s hope more information on this story is coming soon.
WELP!

In all honesty if this happens a 3DS will be nigh impossible for me to stave off any longer.
I actually saw a commercial about this. That means it IS coming!
(07-24-2011, 02:45 PM)TheWolfBunny Wrote: [ -> ]I actually saw a commercial about this. That means it IS coming!

no you didn't.
Hopefully a Master Quest mode will be put into this if it's confirmed.
Day One.

However, it needs a master quest (as if the original wasn't fuck-hard enough) and an infinite time mode like dead rising, but without the constantly draining health.
(07-24-2011, 03:10 PM)when i have sex i think of tsr Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2011, 02:45 PM)TheWolfBunny Wrote: [ -> ]I actually saw a commercial about this. That means it IS coming!

no you didn't.

Dude, he's actually a time traveler. He just didn't sync his diary correctly with the real world.
(act surprised)
(07-24-2011, 05:15 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Dawn of the First Day

If anyone's interested I've started a campaign for this game loosely referred to as Operation Moonfall. It's http://www.facebook.com/MM3DS for Facebook and http://twitter.com/MajorasMask3DS on twitter.
THIS MUST HAPPEN!

I Would Buy a 3DS for a remake of Majoras Mask!

D 8
Now that I think about it, rather than infinite time, they should make an ability to warp to whatever day you want whenever you want (after you beat the game, of course)
(08-04-2011, 01:58 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Now that I think about it, rather than infinite time, they should make an ability to warp to whatever day you want whenever you want (after you beat the game, of course)

that would be pointless though because you can skip days with the song of double time anyway

and the backwards song of time lets you play for ages as time is a lot slower so nowhere near infinite time but enough time nonetheless is available already
One thing id like to see is being able to play as Fierce Deity Link any ware you want.

maybe make it so when outside a boss room, hes normal human sized with standerd strength, but goes all super and powerful in boss rooms.

Also, make it so he can wield the great fairy sword in standard sword grip, like Link can in Soul Calibure 2
as cool as i think it would be for mm to be released on the 3ds, i'm happy just emulating it with a gamepad. i mean, you can get it looking amazing with hi-res texture packs and at a higher resolution, plus being able to play it full screen (possibly on a big tv if youre playing on a laptop with an hdmi port) is fantastic

the 3ds would help by making the fps higher and for 3d effects, but otherwise i'm not sure if it'd be worth getting other than for the fact that it's portable, which is cool and all but i'd much prefer playing it on the big screen

that's just me, though. i support this 100% and it would be really cool to see how nintendo would handle it
Collector's Edition should include
[Image: you_shouldn__t_have_done_that___by_bumbl...2zg1e5.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4