The VG Resource

Full Version: Portal 2 (Spoilers Possible)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So I've been playing Portal 2, and I have to say that it really is a fantastic game. Simply everything so far that I have played has really made me feel like I am playing a sequel to Portal, and not just Portal 1 again.

I would go into more depth but I am about to fly to Scotland. I really suggest this game to fans of the first, otherwise the story might not make any sense...

Also, to all English members... Is the voice of your companion at the start the voice of the guy who does the Barclays adverts?
the robot that follows you around is played by stephen merchant, so if he does the barclay ads then the answer is yes
This game looks incredibly fun
I pre-ordered and pre-loaded portal 2
and then remembered I still haven't actually finished Portal.

Welp.
(04-18-2011, 10:28 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: [ -> ]I pre-ordered and pre-loaded portal 2
and then remembered I still haven't actually finished Portal.

Welp.

This - but I played through half of the first and watched enough people play through the rest so I guess I can live with that. Tongue
Last time I played Portal I got a complete run-through down to about an hour.

I am a terrible, terrible person.
dangit. It hasn't come out yet over here and I am going crazy waiting for it. 14 hours...... But at least i pre-ordered and pre-loaded it.

EDIT:
Way to go steam, making me all happy. "Steam has finished downloading Portal 2" I preloaded it last week. Sad
Yeah it did that to me too and I was all "It's ready to play now?! Surprise" But then it wasn't. Stupid 3 1/2 hours left. Sad Tongue
incredibly excited for this game; picking it up in the morning with any luck.
I would like to see what makes this game so much better than Portal 1, aside from the fact that YOU CAN PLAY PORTAL WITH 2 PLAYERS NOW!!!!!

Portal 1 didn't really wow me and felt too much like a tech demo.
That's because it essentially WAS a tech demo.
the original portal was originally intended as nothing more than an additional game in the orange box. it was never really expected to become the blockbuster that it did.

It had a relatively tiny development team working on it; now that it's established itself as a blockbuster IP, it became a, uh... "full scale" project, I guess.

In other words, this is the blockbuster-level game that the original portal would have been had it not been an extra for the orange box. ...Except, you know, a sequel.
Well, like I said-- the first Portal didn't wow me, so I'd like to know what makes this an improvement.
(04-19-2011, 01:14 AM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]It had a relatively tiny development team working on it; now that it's established itself as a blockbuster IP, it became a, uh... "full scale" project, I guess.

Just an FYI, as far as I know the technical term is a "feature length" game, like with movies.

What I think is pretty cool about how Valve is handling the Portal franchise is that the whole concept started off as an indie game, and rather than ripping it off they actually hired the original team to work on it.
They did the same with some of the new features, a lot of them were the core mechanics for other indie games, so they got those devs on board to help put them in.

I just hope its not gonna be one of those games that nobody can wait for, then it comes and everyone is disappoint.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5