The VG Resource

Full Version: Project Cafe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Nintendo's next console pretty much confirmed.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/116/1163325p1.html

I didn't see anything around here about it so... yeah.
A controller console more powerful than the PS3? Awesome way to compete, Nintendo! I wonder what the console itself will look like.
"Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream..."
Wii, Stream,.. the next console after this will have to be called the Toilet
Can the Stream stream Steam?
(04-22-2011, 10:43 AM)Phantom Kojjiro Wrote: [ -> ]"Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream..."
Wii, Stream,.. the next console after this will have to be called the Toilet

Don't forget Leak.
Hoping this is all a load of crap (IGN have been wrong before, so I question there sources) as the Wii still has a lot more life in it yet. I don't really need the next console generation yet...
Yeah remember "Nintendo On"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX2smM87r14
(04-22-2011, 05:18 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping this is all a load of crap (IGN have been wrong before, so I question there sources) as the Wii still has a lot more life in it yet. I don't really need the next console generation yet...

well, it's not just IGN reporting on these rumours. Unless everyone is getting this from the same source, there's gotta be some truth to it
(04-22-2011, 05:18 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping this is all a load of crap (IGN have been wrong before, so I question there sources) as the Wii still has a lot more life in it yet. I don't really need the next console generation yet...
Let's be honest, the Wii is pretty dead right now. All attention is being redirected to the 3DS-- and the Wii has been behind for a while. Besides that, the lifespan of the Wii sounds about right for the lifespan of a console pre-next gen.

The Wii has already outlived the previous generation.

Its job is done.
Eh... Dead in what way? That there haven't been any games on it? Because that is simply not true.

Nintendo rarely releases games after the holidays and before Summer so of course we're in a dry spell. Why this holiday one of the greatest games ever was released on that console!

Yes the Wii is almost dead but you're making it sound like it's been dead for years!
Well it makes sense for the Wii to be dead right now because the 3DS has just launched, but, before that you had DK and Kirby, and after that you've got Zelda rolling round the corner. Doesn't mean the Wii can't pick itself up again once the 3DS hype has gone through. I just don't feel the Wii has really reached it's full potential or anything close to it.

And as a time point, yes it makes sense. Hell comparing it to the Wii unveiling with the game releases and dates etc. it looks pretty solid. Though with the PS3 and 360 promising 10 years (though I forget how long it's been now) this could be a longer generation.

I mean Nintendo will no doubt make millions when it releases exSTREAM Fitness but I still feel that the Wii (and all current gen consoles) have so much more to give. This just feels more like there killing my beloved console so I have to buy one I don't really want.
The 3DS can't replace the Wii. Sure it's new and all the hype about 3D and all, but the Wii was something special, one of a kind. As a proud Wii owner I say it should never die. If they stop making games for the Wii soon because of this dumb new console I will not be happy.
I wouldn't say the wii is completely dead right now, sure there has been a lack of support but that doesn't mean it no longer has a market.
you guys seem to forget that in terms of power, the wii is strictly last-gen
this is their update to surpass the current gen.

everyone is reporting the same thing; the controllers are gonna have screens in them and it's gonna be more powerful than a PS3
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5