The VG Resource

Full Version: SSSSSSSSssssssss...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
M&L Hothead+Lil' Sparkie= Smile

Give C+C!
[attachment=728]
I'll do OW later.
Um, Idon't know who thisis exactly, but I don't think its that great. He just lookslike a bunch of circles. Or is he supposed to look like that?
He's a hothead from smw. and, yes he's supposed to look like that.
It looks too simple. You just got some glowing fireballs and added eyes to them. They should be all sparky.
Oh, okay, sorry. I guess its good then.
[Image: Hothead.PNG]

How is that a perfect circle of any kind? Hot Head is also a ball of energy, not fire.
Ok you've got to small amount of colors, you could use some shading in the eyes and the body, and I don't get the poses. Dither out and make it look like sparks are flying out. Look at the SMW one for REF.

AND just look at what Goemer gave you, make it look exactly like that but in M&L.
These are very nice. However like the others above me have said it should be more like the SMW sprites. Try not to get rid of what you have so far, but rather add some kind of detail over it to give it the right look. As for colors, the small one has too many and the big one needs more. I suggest using the colors from fire, which you can find on many of the RIPPED enemy sheets.
The pillow shading looks... I dunno, not M&L-like. I think it could pass on the Hothead, but the Lil Sparkie just doesn't look M&L to me Sick But then again, what other shading can you do on a ball of light?

I think if you added sparks like the other mentioned, it might not be noticeable and the sprites could look great.
Hmmmmm... what if I said it was modeled after this?
[attachment=729]
Anyway thanks for C+C!
It is pillow shaded but you could've made that work if you used the right colors. It should'nt be a perfect circle because the Hothead isn't a perfect circle. Add some sparks flying out as walking animations and... it doesn't look that Mario&Luigi-ish.
gangster guy Wrote:Hmmmmm... what if I said it was modeled after this?

Anyway thanks for C+C!
Yeah. I was thinking of that. What you have is great as a base, BUT:
- Add more colors and use the fire pallet like I said earlier (has about 5 colors?)
- More blending/detail on the eyes
- Add the little fireballs around it like in that shot you posted. Looking closer at its animation in Brawl should help you there.

Once you fix this stuff you're good to go.
Okay, give me your opinion on which one is better.
[attachment=730]
Also tell me how I could improve on it besides the pallete. I'm going to work on
that after I get the basic looks of it down.
Second one is great.
Second is good, but still could have more detail to it.
Pages: 1 2