The VG Resource

Full Version: What models should I finish ripping and upload?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone I've got some great news! I've ripped from several games and found that it shouldn't be too hard to mass rip them. One of which I just learned today being Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Though should I rip characters from it, it would most likely only be the Capcom characters as I don't know the others.

So I'm here to ask the model community what they want. I've got these 3 games I'm working on ripping at the moment.

Street Fight IV (All Characters and possibly alternate colors.)
Final Fantasy X-2 (Only Yuna, Rikku, and Payne's numerous dress-spheres for now.)
Tatsunoko VS Capcom (Only Capcom Characters.)

Either way no matter which game I end up doing it will be a big project. So what models do you guys want?

Please comment and vote in the poll.
I would honestly love to see stuff from Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I didn't ever play the game, but it just looked really neat in general. By the way here's a list of the characters in it with pictures if you want to rip the Tatsunoko people: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-28-chara...1546769090

I honestly haven't played any of those games, but Tatsunoko vs Capcom seems really neat and while I like Square stuff we have a lot more of that on the site than most other things to be honest. Street Fighter IV has a lot of characters in Tatsunoko vs Capcom anyway. I'd love to see all of them ripped at some point, but I'd say go for Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the variety for now.

Still, its your choice in the end. If you don't end up doing any of these that's fine too.
Which Final Fantasy X-2? Base, or International + Last Mission? Would like to see those especially if they were from I+LM, but Tatsunoko VS Capcom would be cool too.

Though even without the alt colors, having all the Street Fighters would be awesome.

So... mark me down as undecided until my first question is answered. And again, as Shadow said....

(09-07-2010, 01:23 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Still, its your choice in the end. If you don't end up doing any of these that's fine too.

And awesome job.
Thank you both for replying and your opinions. xdonthave1xx, I'll be honest in saying I didn't know there were different versions other than Japanese and English. I'm not sure if they would be any extra forms for them either. If you know of an exclusive let me know and I'll tell you if I have it. Also welcome to the Models Resource portion of the forum considering this is your first post in this section. =)

I might eventually due Alternate colors for them but that wouldn't be my first goal by any means. Shadowth I'll agree with you on the variety angle when it comes to Tasunoko vs Capcom. They're fairly easy to rip (and come with rigging intact). But they come with two hands on each side, one with a closed fist and the other with an open hand with individual fingers. And they're both on the same geoset/group so they can be hard to separate. But of all the possible technical difficulties this is minor.

Also thanks Shadowth for the link it's better than what I provided above.
Personally, I'd say Tatsunoko VS Capcom because all of Street Fighter IV models have been ripped. I found them along with Soul Calibur IV models, stages, and weapons ripped. This is my opinion though, do what you feel is best.

Question though: How are you able to rip from a 360/PS3 game? This baffles me as I would love for someone to rip from Tales of Vesperia to get that "HD" version of Symphonia's Kratos.
International + Last Mission has three dress spheres (technically two plus a sort of "no dress sphere")

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dress...resspheres
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Festival-Goer
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bare_...asy_X-2%29

As it was said, would like to see these if you have them, but Tatsunoko or Street Fighter would still be cool too.
Sadly it appears I only have the normal version as I can't find those models. Sorry donthave1.

Novax, I haven't ever ripped from 360/PS3 game sorry. Though I must say if you have all those rips already you should post them and save me the work of ripping SF4 characters. =P
Alright, I'll share. Here's the link to both the Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV models http://www.gfxworld.ws/index.php?/search...b197eb1b5/ . If you that doesn't provide them, google search GFXWorld and then search for street fighter or soul calibur. Hope that helps out any. I am a bit disappointed about not knowing a way. I'm really curious to get Tales of Vesperia models, after course my Xenosaga ones.
Oh they're not your rips. >< Well by the rules we can't upload things that aren't ripped by us. I'll just continue with my plan of ripping the SF4 characters on my own. Besides they look like they got smoothing issues. It appears he ripped the SCIV models out of the 360. You should ask him how he did it. And while your at it you could ask him if he'd be willing to register and share his rips here. =)
(09-08-2010, 11:58 AM)Novax Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I'll share. Here's the link to both the Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV models http://www.gfxworld.ws/index.php?/search...b197eb1b5/ . If you that doesn't provide them, google search GFXWorld and then search for street fighter or soul calibur. Hope that helps out any. I am a bit disappointed about not knowing a way. I'm really curious to get Tales of Vesperia models, after course my Xenosaga ones.

Huh he was lazy and didn't post rigged versions of the SCIV models? Bit silly of him. :p Anyway, I don't really know about ripping from Street Fighter, but I know how to get things from Soul Calibur IV just fine. Its funny because the program dumps rigged models in .FBX format, but they don't have textures assigned even though they have materials. Still, since the materials are still there its still very easy to quickly reassign the textures, hence why I'd call that guy lazy about it. I'll give him credit for the quantity he managed to rip though.

I was working on ripping some of them ATM, but it could be awhile before I finish so if you'd like to help PM me about it. And yeah like Zerox said we can't accept rips you didn't do.

(09-08-2010, 12:15 PM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Oh they're not your rips. >< Well by the rules we can't upload things that aren't ripped by us. I'll just continue with my plan of ripping the SF4 characters on my own. Besides they look like they got smoothing issues. It appears he ripped the SCIV models out of the 360. You should ask him how he did it. And while your at it you could ask him if he'd be willing to register and share his rips here. =)

The smoothing issues are because of how the models being made up of many objects causing seems. There's techniques to fix this, but for something like this it would probably be a bit of work after importing it.
Question Shadowth. How are you guys able to rip from these 2 360 games? Will it work on Tales of Vesperia by chance or any other game at the matter XD?
I didn't say it wasn't fixable. I just know my rips from SFIV didn't have that issue. =P
(09-08-2010, 09:10 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly it appears I only have the normal version as I can't find those models. Sorry donthave1.

Its cool. Then in that case, I shall vote for Tatsunoko if you did not already decide.
(09-08-2010, 02:30 PM)Novax Wrote: [ -> ]Question Shadowth. How are you guys able to rip from these 2 360 games? Will it work on Tales of Vesperia by chance or any other game at the matter XD?

Well like I said it was only Soul Calibur IV that I've ripped from. Still, the tools for ripping from it seem like they're specific to that game other than the 360 file decompressor.

I'm honestly not sure if there's a way to get stuff from Tales of Vesperia or not, but a few Google searches on it make me guess no. The fact that in one of them this thread came up reinforces that idea a bit for me. Still, there may be something I just overlooked so I wouldn't completely count the idea of ripping from that game out.
Well I've ripped a few models from each already. Sounds like Tasunoko Vs Capcom is what is desired. In other news it appears his SFIV rips have texture issues or possibly custom skins. Gonna Puke His Seth model looks like he had tar thrown all over him. While mine comes out the whitish blue like he's supposed to look like. I'll post my SFIV rips eventually. Perhaps even my method for ripping them. Cute
Pages: 1 2