The VG Resource

Full Version: Long time ago since I posted something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys. I know every of you but any of you know me. I spy you and lets stop saying shit.
So yeah, I donwloaded Scott Pilgrim game and is too awesome to express it in words, so I have started a RPG-Battle project with a gameplay and look similar to it.
[Image: trym.png]
So I'm fucky lazy so I only have one sprite of the main character, wich is supposed to use an sword. The hair is a wip as you can read, I still don't know how to pull it. Meanwhile, some C+C on the rest of the sprite, and later I will star the animations.
I thought that was hair-shine at first, but then I noticed "WIP".
tyvon is going to hate this thread
you mean "similar to Paul Robertson"

'cause Paul Robertson can only sprite in 1 style, period.
(09-02-2010, 06:19 PM)Frario Wrote: [ -> ]you mean "similar to Paul Robertson"

'cause Paul Robertson can only sprite in 1 style, period.

Yeah, I love his style,it looks so simple, and still looks so cool... so I'm trying to use it, but with some little modifications.
[Image: tryo.png]
I think the hair is looking good in shape. Also added T-shirt detail and touched a little the shading.
Paul Robertson is an incredibly mediocre spriter who shouldn't be anywhere near as popular as he is, peace
(09-02-2010, 06:27 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Robertson is an incredibly mediocre spriter who shouldn't be anywhere near as popular as he is, peace

Great.
Now, what about the sprites?
animate it (paul's only art skill)

and then we're talking
(09-02-2010, 06:31 PM)Darking Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2010, 06:27 PM)Track Eleven Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Robertson is an incredibly mediocre spriter who shouldn't be anywhere near as popular as he is, peace

Great.
Now, what about the sprites?
they're being modeled after the style of an incredibly mediocre spriter who shouldn't be anywhere near as popular as he is
they're actually worse than paul's tbh
So, if I'm not wrong, I'm only gonna get critics if I change the style, right?
you ARE getting critique
it's a shitty style and a shitty sprite is a perfectly valid comment
I understand what you mean, is just that... oh, fucking idiot of myself, I don't know how to explain it... it's a style I still like.
But you're the masters, so I'll try to make it different.

EDIT: Yeah, so one of you (like if I didn't know who was) changed my signature. Quite funny.
I just used that signature because it was funny. Of course I'm not even as half awesome as you.
everyone gave you some critiscism, the only thing you can do is to do what frario said and animate

ether that or try to at least fix the flaws in his style. EDIT:Here allow me to evaluate from a quote so you can improve.
(08-16-2010, 01:29 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]- abuse of black outlines (not in a good way)
- jagged, improper outlining
- awful shading that has no form or consistency (in MOST of his works)
- terrible color palettes (in MOST of his works)
- his metallic objects (like robots and shit) look more organic than robotic)
- he uses the same proportions on everything with no actual variation, and has been doing so for years
+ a good animator
See this, this is pretty much paul robertson summed up when it comes to his sprites or pixel art. Use this to your advantage and at least try to improve it.

But if your gonna retaliate because of critique, fuck off.
Don't worry about that. I know a a constructive critique is the best thing I could recieve. I'm not afraid of working on something.
I think I'm goona do what Track Eleven said, so I tried it in a smaller and different style (or at least I treid making it different, but it still bugs me that its still look the same style).

[Image: try2b.png]

My main problem now is that the face is too smal, so I can't figure ot how to add the eyes add the mout without it looking weird. Some help with it, please.
Pages: 1 2 3