The VG Resource

Full Version: Video Game Secrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Found anything cool while playing games?
Stumbled on a little Easter egg, or hidden message you want to share?
Well this is the thread for all your ArticUNO shenanigans, and all your Bioshock 2 Goatse messages.

Let's start it off with the famous:
[Image: tumblr_kpexi37bzp1qznindo1_400.png]
..Because i don't know any others.
posting articUNO zapDOS molTRES before anyone else
Obviously i can't link to Goatse, but check out the similarities between that and
[Image: 2786.png]
thanks wopp been looking for that
Heh. I just googled 'Bioshock Goatse'
First image result.
didnt say i was looking very hard though did i
I just discovered a thing

TomGuycott

Guycott

the Japanese equivalent of that is 'Gaikotto', which is a 'cool-sounding' version of 'Gaikotsu'

Gaikotsu means 'Skeleton' in Japanese

welp
Not an intentional secret, but I think it counts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nG0TxDYf...r_embedded

oh I almost forgot about all the subliminal penis and vagina messages in the majority of the levels of Banjo & Kazooie
holy shit I forgot aobut that

laughing a lot now ffsffffsg

Kirby does a small dance when you leave the game paused for a while in Kirby's Dreamland. Pretty fun secret.
Kakariko village in ocarina of time has a BILINGUAL BONUS of a name

I'll be spelling this wrong, but in French the noise cockerels are meant to make is cocorico
MIND
BLOWN

(In Japanese apparently it's ko-ke-kok-koo, if you're that interested)

Most languages have variations on these sounds really. Except english. Where it's Cock a doodle doo, because we're idiots.
if you flip mario's "m" upside down it's a "w" and spells "wario"!
Killing the Death in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow gives you 4444 exp. points

4 is the number of the death in Japan

welp

also since we're talking about deaths, I remember talking with Shawn via MSN, and he said his name would be something like 'Shion' in Japanese

And I replied it could mean 'death sound' ('shi' and 'on', respectively)

Lavender Town's name in Japanese is Shion Town

welp
I am the only person who gives a fuck about this (but I've spoilered in case any other Dragon Age nerds are lurking, I guess)

Regarding the quest "Asunder":
ALSO: the dirty pantaloons. They're a reference to the bronze / gold / silver pantaloons you can find in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
The pantaloons in BG are kind of a big secret in and of themselves.
If you pick up all 3 pairs of pantaloons, you get a mech suit. With a grenade launcher. Seriously.
This, as a secret, is massive, because it spans two games. Four if you count the expansions (throne of bhaal is pretty separate to Shadows of Amn, anyway).
http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii...enigma.php
(08-18-2010, 02:43 PM)vitamin semen Wrote: [ -> ]if you flip mario's "m" upside down it's a "w" and spells "wario"!

and if you try to flip Luigi's "l" upside down it won't spell Waluigi, but it does happen to be a greek letter.
League of Legends (online game) uses a variation on the Konami code to bypass server unavailability. Useful if server is full.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22