The VG Resource

Full Version: Time Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: TimeLine.png]

The 10 was the most recent, and that one was created by all the help of you guys have done with all the edits you all did.

The 13 is a bit more mature and older sprite then the 10. Not much changed in the clothing.

16 is the most recent, it changed in mostly everything. Including the clothing.

Any tips on how to improve them all?
I would say the shading on the clothes could use some work especially his torso, you could also try adding some folds and maybe tuning down the red's a little.
it's nice, i like the pallet

looks A BIT like an adaptation of wonderbros

pfft
nice originality bro
Cool

but seriously good job
(06-22-2010, 03:59 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]I would say the shading on the clothes could use some work especially his torso, you could also try adding some folds and maybe tuning down the red's a little.

Well the shading was a huge problem, specially on the clothes. And that kinda got me confused a bit, but I just did it as I came to it. And thanks to breebreecrabcore and yeah 1Up kinda helped on the first sprite (10). And from his edit I made mine, and then I kept on learning from that style and made it my own.
I just noticed that for some reason the hair doesn't have any actual shading besides the highlights, I feel that the black and whites look way better than the colored ones (I'm not trying to insult you in any way, just sayin) For the clothes shading, you should check out a few tutorials on shading and retry it once more.
(06-22-2010, 05:01 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]I just noticed that for some reason the hair doesn't have any actual shading besides the highlights, I feel that the black and whites look way better than the colored ones (I'm not trying to insult you in any way, just sayin) For the clothes shading, you should check out a few tutorials on shading and retry it once more.

Yeah I was thinking that the white and black ones look better too. And the hair is a huge problem that Im not very sure on how to solve, and neither is the clothe shading. Im not very good at it. But I will look for some tutorials.
If you want I could make an edit for you but I'm not on my computer right now so I'd have to wait a bit.

Could any of the pixel wiz come and help out this fella?
I'm looking at 1-up, Metaru,Tyvon,Mozzy and all the rest
of you.
(06-22-2010, 05:11 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]If you want I could make an edit for you but I'm not on my computer right now so I'd have to wait a bit.

Could any of the pixel wiz come and help out this fella?
I'm looking at 1-up, Metaru,Tyvon,Mozzy and all the rest
of you.

Well, a quick edit to see the mistakes could hehlp out right now.
I'll do it as soon as I get on the computer but try to only use it to fix the edits that way, you'll learn lots more.
[Image: 1zlvp76.png]
i'm no pixel-wiz, i'm not even close
but i did an edit
i think i kind of ruined your style though,
sorry if i did it an injustice!
(06-22-2010, 05:31 PM)breebreecrabcore Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 1zlvp76.png]
i'm no pixel-wiz, i'm not even close
but i did an edit
i think i kind of ruined your style though,
sorry if i did it an injustice!

Ddue, this kicks my style's ass. I was nothing near shading in the hair or the clohtes, but you pulled it off. Actually I just saw that you used a certain light source, but I can't quite see it. That's one problem I have, I dont get much into the shading because of the position of the lightsource.
really? thanks :]
what i did was added an extra color to the skin, defined a bit more features in the face.
added an arm at the other side.
added a few more colors to the hair and shaded it.
added a color to the shirt, shaded it, and fixed the sleeve. it was a bit messy.
I guess there's no need for my edit then, you just did what I was going to do you might be no pixel wiz but you sure know what you're doing, great work. 2D, use that as a reference and improve your sprite keep in mind the light source and how shadow acts around the form of the body.
(06-22-2010, 05:46 PM)Mabelma Wrote: [ -> ]I guess there's no need for my edit then, you just did what I was going to do you might be no pixel wiz but you sure know what you're doing, great work. 2D, use that as a reference and improve your sprite keep in mind the light source and how shadow acts around the form of the body.

Yeah, The problem is that I have some problems with shading because it's a shirt, and Im never sure on how to shade something like clothes, it's new to me.
Just use the edit as a reference and improve your mistakes.
Pages: 1 2 3