The VG Resource

Full Version: More or less finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I fused my two characters:
[Image: c2bed.png]
This is an edited splice, each bit taken from one of my sprites though (resized, erased and kept outline and reshaded etc).
What do you think? Anything you like/ don't like design-wise? Edits would be deeply appreciated Smile
Hip, but Id like more contrast.
The dithering on the pants looks wierd.
And what's up with his arms ?
Dithering's to convey textile and introduces a gradient in the trousers, did some dithering on the jacket for the former purpose, but not on the shoulders for readability. I made the contrast a bit higher (not much), but I wanted to keep a distance between the black and the shading.
He's supposed to be keeping one hand against his left headphone, and the black thing's his dense arm hair.
Oh, ok.
You might wanna redo that gradient, it doesn't add up.
these arms need a serious increase of mass and volume. unless they're suposed to be made of sticks.

also the neck looks extremely flat.
I basically wanted the dithered colour on one leg and the pink on another. I changed the dithering a tiny bit, if you could tell me what is precisely wrong I'll try work on it. I've added a portrait I'll shade next weekend:
Okay Tyvon, I'll see what I can do about them.
fuck i said i'm not tyvon wearing a wig

the dithering makes the pants look as if they were made up of fishnet

you might as well use a solid colors based gradient-
Any better?
(05-30-2010, 04:43 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: c2bed.png]
Any better?

Oh baby that's so sexy
Keep the texture gradient on the jacket, but It also looks like you have a small amount of banding on the neck.
Better? Or were you thinking of his adam's apple?
i dont believe it needs all that amount of anti aliasing at all on his body.

the pants looks way more defined than the torso for the same reason.
I reduced the AA, I tried without and didn't like it.
EDIT: ugh, it looks jaggy but its late so i'm calling it a day. Feel free to edit it.
(05-30-2010, 05:59 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ][Image: c2bed.png]
Better? Or were you thinking of his adam's apple?
Adam's apple, area around middle of the neck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8