The VG Resource

Full Version: Pokemon VGC '10!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Yep.

1st Place:
* A National Championships 1st Place Trophy
* A Nintendo DSi system
* A Nintendo Wii
* An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 13th - 15th, 2010
* Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

2nd Place:
* A National Championships Qualifier 2nd Place Trophy
* A Nintendo DSi system
* An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 13th - 15th, 2010
* Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

3rd through 8th Place:

9th through 16th Place:

Anyone planning on entering?

I'm going to one, hopefully. I plan to atleast get 3rd.
a group of my friends were trying to get me to join this

ehhhhh, might as well
it'd be fun
Guess Canadian kids are out. Newark New Jersey is 8 hrs drive for all the East Coast kids but honestly that's a journey for something that might not even pull through.
oh and it's level 50 limit (YOU limit it, not them, this isnt done over wifi), double battles.

Get training. B)
Going to the britfag version. I don't really care about it, but friends are going.

Edit: Rhymey no, the levels are auto-limited. 'mon over 50 have the levels scaled back, 'mon under 50 are unchanged.
Oh wow Newark is only a 40 min. drive from here since I'm in Jersey, it's possible I could join this.
(05-20-2010, 04:14 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]Going to the britfag version. I don't really care about it, but friends are going.

Edit: Rhymey no, the levels are auto-limited. 'mon over 50 have the levels scaled back, 'mon under 50 are unchanged.

oh wow, okay. thanks. :p
yeah, my friend recommended me to go with a dragon-dancing Kingdra
then I told him about my Trick Room + Gyro Ball Bronzong, and he said it won't be a good idea since I'm very likely to get taunted
and he didn't say much to my status-inflicting Rotom
and he recommended I re-work my Mamoswine

still thinking about what other two backups I should use
I'm thinking about using Lucario/Toxicroak and Aerodactyl as my backups (since Rotom, as a supporter, might not cut it for most of the tourney)

Hell, I won't take their offer if I *somehow* make it into the top 16, provided by some miracle I get into the top 16, but it would be fun to compete anyway C:
You can always use a follow me user and a trick room user at the same time to avoid getting taunted while trying to set up trick room.
Although, you may lose to the ever popular Mewtwo - Abamosnow leads. You guys are aware that Kyogre/Palkia/Dialga/Rayquaza (every non event legendary) is available for use right?
my team so far (planned, nones ev trained. I have a month til I have to get serious (indianapolis, in is where im headed))

Umbreon / Pory-Z ~ lead

Umbreon @ Leftovers
-Curse
-Yawn
-Double-Edge
-Payback
~
Pory-Z @ ??? (idk yet.)
-Trick Room
-Tri-Attack
-Psybeam
-???

Umbreon curses to set up a huge attack with low speed, Pory-Z trick rooms.

and thats all i have so far.
Why not use Dialga/Palkia? Porygon Z is incredibly frail, both Pokemon are taunt/explosion/fake-out fodder.
i would join but its probably going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck
(05-20-2010, 11:24 PM)icarly viewer Wrote: [ -> ]i would join but its definitely going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck
(05-20-2010, 11:24 PM)icarly viewer Wrote: [ -> ]i would join but its probably going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck

You'd think so, but it's also open to THA KIDDIEZ and a fair number of Ubers are allowed. You can roll in with a Kyogre if you want! That, and it's forced Doubles, too. 'Pros' never play Doubles, it's like cancer to them.

I'm gonna use an Azelf with Rain Dance and U-Turn, a Regice with Thunder, and a Kingdra with Swift Swim. If they lead with Ky00ber, I won't even need the Rain Dance~ It'll be a riot.
im going to go in with treecko, combusken, and wartortle :- ) and get beat first round
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8