Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon VGC '10!
Yep.

1st Place:
* A National Championships 1st Place Trophy
* A Nintendo DSi system
* A Nintendo Wii
* An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 13th - 15th, 2010
* Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

2nd Place:
* A National Championships Qualifier 2nd Place Trophy
* A Nintendo DSi system
* An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in Kona, Hawaii, U.S.A., on August 13th - 15th, 2010
* Airfare and 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

3rd through 8th Place:

9th through 16th Place:

Anyone planning on entering?

I'm going to one, hopefully. I plan to atleast get 3rd.
Thanked by:
a group of my friends were trying to get me to join this

ehhhhh, might as well
it'd be fun
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
Guess Canadian kids are out. Newark New Jersey is 8 hrs drive for all the East Coast kids but honestly that's a journey for something that might not even pull through.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
oh and it's level 50 limit (YOU limit it, not them, this isnt done over wifi), double battles.

Get training. B)
Thanked by:
Going to the britfag version. I don't really care about it, but friends are going.

Edit: Rhymey no, the levels are auto-limited. 'mon over 50 have the levels scaled back, 'mon under 50 are unchanged.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Rhyme
Oh wow Newark is only a 40 min. drive from here since I'm in Jersey, it's possible I could join this.
Thanked by:
(05-20-2010, 04:14 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Going to the britfag version. I don't really care about it, but friends are going.

Edit: Rhymey no, the levels are auto-limited. 'mon over 50 have the levels scaled back, 'mon under 50 are unchanged.

oh wow, okay. thanks. :p
Thanked by:
yeah, my friend recommended me to go with a dragon-dancing Kingdra
then I told him about my Trick Room + Gyro Ball Bronzong, and he said it won't be a good idea since I'm very likely to get taunted
and he didn't say much to my status-inflicting Rotom
and he recommended I re-work my Mamoswine

still thinking about what other two backups I should use
I'm thinking about using Lucario/Toxicroak and Aerodactyl as my backups (since Rotom, as a supporter, might not cut it for most of the tourney)

Hell, I won't take their offer if I *somehow* make it into the top 16, provided by some miracle I get into the top 16, but it would be fun to compete anyway C:
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
You can always use a follow me user and a trick room user at the same time to avoid getting taunted while trying to set up trick room.
Although, you may lose to the ever popular Mewtwo - Abamosnow leads. You guys are aware that Kyogre/Palkia/Dialga/Rayquaza (every non event legendary) is available for use right?
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
my team so far (planned, nones ev trained. I have a month til I have to get serious (indianapolis, in is where im headed))

Umbreon / Pory-Z ~ lead

Umbreon @ Leftovers
-Curse
-Yawn
-Double-Edge
-Payback
~
Pory-Z @ ??? (idk yet.)
-Trick Room
-Tri-Attack
-Psybeam
-???

Umbreon curses to set up a huge attack with low speed, Pory-Z trick rooms.

and thats all i have so far.
Thanked by:
Why not use Dialga/Palkia? Porygon Z is incredibly frail, both Pokemon are taunt/explosion/fake-out fodder.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
i would join but its probably going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
(05-20-2010, 11:24 PM)icarly viewer Wrote: i would join but its definitely going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck
Thanked by:
(05-20-2010, 11:24 PM)icarly viewer Wrote: i would join but its probably going to be a competetive tier clusterfuck

You'd think so, but it's also open to THA KIDDIEZ and a fair number of Ubers are allowed. You can roll in with a Kyogre if you want! That, and it's forced Doubles, too. 'Pros' never play Doubles, it's like cancer to them.

I'm gonna use an Azelf with Rain Dance and U-Turn, a Regice with Thunder, and a Kingdra with Swift Swim. If they lead with Ky00ber, I won't even need the Rain Dance~ It'll be a riot.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Rhyme
im going to go in with treecko, combusken, and wartortle :- ) and get beat first round
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by: