The VG Resource

Full Version: SNES Recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
EDIT(3/25/10): My SNES had finally came in, though if you guys have any recommendations for the SNES I'll see if I can find these games in the global market or maybe check them out.
Also here is a list of the games I got so far(1)
F-Zero
Breath of Fire II
Demon's crest
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Secret of Evermore
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Metroid
Yoshi's Island
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

bolded are my strongest recommendations
shaq fu
(03-18-2010, 03:34 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: [ -> ]Breath of Fire II
Demon's crest
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Secret of Evermore
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Metroid
Yoshi's Island
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

bolded are my strongest recommendations

I'll check into those, by chance is EarthBound a decent game to get?
nope earthbound is terribly repetitive and unfun to play. the story is excellent but the combat... just ugh
earthbound is pretty good if you enjoy rpgs

if you don't enjoy rpgs/turn-based battle systems you probably won't enjoy it too much
even for a turn based rpg the combat is terrible. its worse than the early pokemon games.
What's been aforementioned, and the Donkey Kong Country trilogy (especially the first two)
Earthbound is pretty solid if you enjoy RPGs. It plays with the tropes, so you'll enjoy it if you want a post-modern-ish look at RPGs. The story is pretty engaging.

DKC 1-3, Mario World 1-2, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 2 (4) and 3 (6), Mario RPG, Contra 3, Castlevania 4, Megaman 7, Megaman X, Mario Kart, Kirby Superstar, Kirby 3
really though my best suggestion is super mario all-stars. it has mario 3, mario 2, and mario 1, and if u are lucky super mario world.
Some more for you:

The Adventures of Batman & Robin
Demon's Crest
The Lion King
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Actraiser 1 and/or 2
Terranigma
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Lufia II : Rise of the Sinistrals
(03-18-2010, 04:24 PM)Chocolate Giddyup Wrote: [ -> ]really though my best suggestion is super mario all-stars. it has mario 3, mario 2, and mario 1, and if u are lucky super mario world.

Problem is, it's just a compilation of NES games (not counting SMW)

original SNES games like Megaman X, Kirby Super Star, Earthworm Jim, Gradius 3, Panel de Pon, Super Bomberman series, Ganbare Goemon/Legend of Mystical Ninja, Starfox are better

Maybe Sparkster, but the Genesis (Rocket Knight Adventures) version is better
Cybernator
Metal Warriors
Front Mission/Front Mission Gunhazard
Wild Guns
MK3 Ultimate
SFAlpha #
Super Bomberman #
Sunset Riders
Tetris Attack
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Pages: 1 2 3 4