The VG Resource

Full Version: Art thingies (Update page 5)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hey everyone. I'm Innocence and I want some feedback for a recent drawing.

I'm not a brand new artist; I have been drawing for the past 15 years. Others may know me as "Ashura" or "relmM" on other forums. I'm known as "Innocence" on the Sonic Retro forums. Here is my deviantArt account: http://ashurasonic.deviantart.com

Anyways, comments and criticism are welcome!

[Image: 2zelzqp.png]
update! thanks Subomi ^^

http://www.intsys.co.jp/game/panepon/img/g/fire2.gif <<ref

enjoy
Wow, you've definitely improved within 2 years. This pic is already better than the average anime art I see, and I mean that (since I can draw anime too) but aside from that I really don't know what to crit on aside from the tiara having a black outline, id make it brown like her skin, and that random black line on the side of her head next to the glowing hand.

Pretty awesome job, don't give up on the style, you're good at it.
(02-28-2010, 12:49 AM)Subomi Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, you've definitely improved within 2 years. This pic is already better than the average anime art I see, and I mean that (since I can draw anime too) but aside from that I really don't know what to crit on aside from the tiara having a black outline, id make it brown like her skin, and that random black line on the side of her head next to the glowing hand.

Pretty awesome job, don't give up on the style, you're good at it.

thank you ^^

yeah.. i don't like to look back at my stuff. vv; thanks for the crit, im revising it right now ^^

edit: okay fixed. thanks again =D
For some reason, I expected shit when clicking on this topic

And the first image was indeed shit. BUT, that Flare pic is great. I congratulate you for your improvement.

*this reminds me I need to practice drawing more...*
holy crap and I thought I improved widely through the years. you win!

I love the coloring and the shading, it's so nice and warm. keep it up!
The improvement here is outstanding!
i laughed at the title, then i saw the first one and laughed even harder

then i saw the improvement and stopped
immediately
Very nice improvement! Hopefully we'll get to see more soon! Wink
You've been complimented by 1up.

Feel very proud.
(02-28-2010, 07:22 PM)G-man Wrote: [ -> ]The improvement here is outstanding!

The only thing that really stands out right away is that her armpit area seems kinda weird.
Very good coloring and art style.
Very nice! Do you have a dA? I would totally watch you. ;P
Wait wait, it's working now, I think Tinypic had some server issues.

That is CRAZY improvement! Go you!
Seriously, I want to give you eighteen high fives and then cry because of how little time I'm dedicating to my own work recently.

Couple of pointers:
I'm having difficulty reading where the lightsources are. I would have thought the majority of the light would be coming from below her (because of the exploding planety thing), and also from the hand she's holding up. But you've rendered the light source as being primarily from the top right.
That seems like kind of a missed opportunity to experiment with light! Definitely plan out your light sources and think of them as part of the 3d space of your image.

Also: the hair. I realise you're trying to keep the strong shape from the reference, but it's ended up looking way more flat than the rest of the image, like it's a cardboard cutout stuck to the back of her head. Defining a stronger light source would help with that, but also try and think of the hair as a 3d form. The bangs are spot on, they look like they follow the curve of her head, but the ponytail doesn't look right.

There's nothing wrong with an anime style, but try not to box yourself in, yeah? Experiment with all kinds of things! You'll probably still settle on an anime style, but if you study around a bit more it'll make your style more well-rounded, basically. c:
what

whats happening

he posted a drawing he didnt even make and then one he just made and said he improved?
why don't you just stay here and be yourself like most people?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6