The VG Resource

Full Version: James Cameron's AVATAR (Mobile Game) Ripping Project - 01/22/2010: Section Update!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

just about 3 day ago I saw the moving picture and I was really impressed. After informing a bit about the Games available for PS2, iPod, Wii, etc., I found the mobile game. The game itself is really good for a normal cell phone game, because there are a lot of missions, gameplay is good, and you´ve several weapons you can use.

Well, maybe somebody is interested? PM or eMail ([email protected]) me and i will give you game + Emulator.
I found no other way than simply shot screens and remove background pixel for pixel.

Here´s my current work (I started tody)... it is about 5 sheets. Later (for publishing and so on) or in my next post I will make several sheets with better names (and they ´ll be better arranged). E.g. Miscellanous, Jake, Neytiri, Menu and and and.

So here you go:

James Cameron´s AVATAR The Game (Mobile) Section Icon:

[Image: Section%20Icon.png]

Main Things:

[Image: Jake%20Icon.png] [Image: Neytiri%20Icon.png] [Image: Tse-Huk%20Icon.png] [Image: Textbox%20Icon.png] [Image: Miscellanous%20Objects%20Icon.png]

Enemies:

[Image: Viperwolf%20Icon.png]

Miscellanous:

[Image: Loading%20Screen%20Icon.png] [Image: Levels%20Icon.png] [Image: Main%20Menu%20Icon.png] [Image: Intro%20Icon.png]

Also: I would be really happy, if someone could help me. It is even OK if he only removes some pixel or so. But one in such an project is a little bit too less, isn´t it? Smile

[Image: james_camerons_avatar_2.png]

Thank you for reading this thread! Smile

Edit (01/22/2010): I updated the secon time all the sprites. Now the´ve got the copyright to the game itself, which is really need. For changelog I could only say, that I mostly finished Jakesully and the menu stuff. The rest is about 65%. Wink

Edit (12/27/2009): I updated to the latest sprite sheets. Sorry if you are searching for a cheangelog; there doesn´t exist such log, also I don´t imagine creating one. Because I think it is not necessary. Wink
Well, about one day ago started this topic and now I want to present an (huge) update.
Jake´s sheet is 25% complete. Also I started ripping the intro, menu and level screens... but they are incomplete for now. Also the textboxes showes some process... but I need a little bit more time.

So here it is:
The icon of the game: [Image: avatar_icon.png]

The intro:
The Main Menu:
Level selection:
Loading Screens:
Jake (!):
Miscellanous Objects:
Textbox (so incomplete):
And last but not least Enemies (also really incomplete):

Also I wanna ask: Would somebody try to make the thumb pictures for publishing in the submission topic? Please PM me or leave a reply at this topic!
Thanks.

P.S.: Sorry for doublepost, but it was necessary Wink !

Edit: I will update first post soon... there are no replys yet, so everybody can see the updates if he only scrolls a little bit Wink .
Looking good. I'll keep an eye on this!
Ohhh thank you Tonberry2k! Smile

Now it is time for another, big, update. I finished Jake´s sheet about 50 %, started Neytiri, and some other stuff. But like always, the things are unfinished.

[Image: jake_icon.png] [Image: neytiri_icon.png] [Image: textbox_icon.png] [Image: miscellanous_objects_icon.png]

Enemies:

[Image: viperwolf_icon.png]

[Image: loading_screen_icon.png] [Image: levels_icon.png] [Image: main_menu_icon.png] [Image: intro_icon.png]

P.S.: Next time I will host my pictures on my own server, so updates are easier to handle for me (I only must replace the image I want).
I and my 'company' fully condone the ripping of this game.

Good work, keep it up.
Well, thank you Carpaccio. Smile But what did you really mean with "I and my 'company' fully condone the ripping of this game." ?
Also, really thanks for this, because the whole time I forgot the copyrights! So I added them now (in the form of a stamp! Big Grin ):
[Image: Copyrights.png]

And like ever, here´s an update. But this time there´re not more Enemies ripped, no, I mostly finished (except two or three poses) Jakesully, added all the Levels of the game and continued some other stuff.
I´m currently having some problems with Neytiri, so I will focus next time onto the menu stuff and Miscellanous Objects, so that they ´ll be finished (soon).
Also I made the Selection Icon (I thought a lot about where I should capture the game... but this is I think the best! Wink ).

James Cameron´s AVATAR The Game (Mobile) Section Icon:

[Image: Section%20Icon.png]

Main Things:

[Image: Jake%20Icon.png] [Image: Neytiri%20Icon.png] [Image: Tse-Huk%20Icon.png] [Image: Textbox%20Icon.png] [Image: Miscellanous%20Objects%20Icon.png]

Enemies:

[Image: Viperwolf%20Icon.png]

Miscellanous:

[Image: Loading%20Screen%20Icon.png] [Image: Levels%20Icon.png] [Image: Main%20Menu%20Icon.png] [Image: Intro%20Icon.png]
Very nice job. Smile
All saved. I'll update them when you do.
i just noticed who's the artist behind those sprites, [thug]

no wonder why they are so awesome